Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1994 21' Sovereign
Paradise Valley , Arizona
Vintage car Auction

For those on here that may have an interest in vintage cars as well as vintage Airstreams there is an amazing auction in Pierce NE Sept, 28-29-2013. Check out the link:
VanDerBrink Auctions - Yvette VanDerBrink Auctioneer

I booked a week long stay at Willow Creek Recreational Area which is SW of Pierce.
Campground Details - Willow Creek SRA, NE - Nebraska Game and Parks Commission

Some amazing finds and I think it will be fun to see even if I do not need more lawn ornaments.
kmaggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1992 34' Limited
Grand Island , Nebraska
My son has asked me to go with him to this auction. This is a former GM dealer. Some of the cars are '50s & early 60's that were never sold. Unbelievable. Some have less than fifty miles on the odometers. However, due to being outside for most of these years many of the cars have serious rust and/or rotted interiors. Still, it is very interesting to contemplate what the dealer was thinking at the time he stored them.

Gene
Old 08-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Yakima , Washington
Went on the web site and looked at the list of cars/trucks and the lot numbers associated with them. I then went to the tab where you put in the lot number to view a picture, but everyone I was interested in said that there was no picture available. I guess I could contact them to request more info, but you would think that with their web page that it would already be available if there were any pictures. The list wasn't very helpful, a lot of question marks in the fields describing the year or other features. Too bad, it looks interesting overall. I have been collecting and restoring and hot rodding cars for a long time now, and have come to realize that many people feel that just because a car is old it is extremely valuable. They don't know that time, energy and money that goes into a project. Perhaps they are watching Barrett Jackson auctions and thinking that they have the same year of car, so it must be worth the money they are asking.

Let us know how the auction works out and if there were any real values to be had.

1997 25' Safari
2012 Chevy Silverado HD 2500
Duramax/Allison
dirigible25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Dennis has that DEAD ON CORRECT! I like it when people quote those BJ sales prices. The same goes for Airstreams. Hard to believe a 30,000 dollar Vintage is really worth, REALLY WORTH, 2500 dollars as it sits. Time, energy and money covers it.