Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-31-2020, 12:37 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Metairie , Louisiana
Be very careful when reviewing the ads on Amazon or elsewhere as some are for single units and some for pairs.
avonroemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:51 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Tucson , Arizona
Don't have a Tundra, but this is a good question for everyone. I have a 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser. I ordered the ClearView towing mirrors, made in Australia. They make them to fit just about any vehicle including Tundra. They fit perfectly, installation very easy, and kept all the features of the OEM (though in 2002 there weren't many features). Had them for about 3 years now, work great, don't vibrate. I especially like the separate wide angle angle mirrors.

So has anyone added real tow mirrors to their Tundra, and if so, which ones, and how do they fit?
nmzouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:40 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Here's the finished mirror. Trail Ridge on a 2015 Tundra.

My OEM mirrors had power tilt and heat. That's it.
But the wiring harness had about 10 leads, so they're wired for more than you need. I'll bet I'd have puddle lights too if I'd ordered the mirrors with them. I do have LEDs for turn and lights.
Obviously, you won't have power fold or BSM unless the body is equipped for them.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 12:38 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Glen Mills , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimms View Post
Although we haven’t towed extensively, I’ve found the stock mirrors on our 2019 Tundra to be adequate. I had initially wanted the new truck to be equipped with factory tow mirrors, but was told I would have to give up the blind spot indicator, which is tremendously helpful with the non-towing mirrors.
I have had the same experience. I came from a Tacoma where I installed towing mirrors to a Tundra with stock mirrors and find them adequate. Of course, the truck is much wider to begin with, and my 2007 Bambi is only 8' wide. YMMV
Fawudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:06 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Canyon Country , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
My Tundra came with towing mirrors as did my previous Tundra. If there is a blind spot, I have not seen it.
That is because it is a blind spot that you could have not seen it Couldn't resist not saying it.

2019 Flying Cloud 19CBB
Halford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:18 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Now that I've lived with the Trail Ridge Tow mirrors, for a few months, I can say they are just what I wanted.
The first trip I was looking for vibration, and I could find a tiny bit, like hitting a tar strip or pothole but I realized I probably had the same amount with the OEM mirrors. Once I just drove, I found them to be perfect.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote