Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2021, 02:45 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Reidsville , Georgia
SiriusXM Military Veterans Discount

For all SiriusXM users that are military veterans; they now offer a 25% discount on the monthly fee. Apply online, ID card holders will need to send a copy of the card, all other veterans should send either a copy of DD214 or VA Hospital ID card as proof of service.

I enjoy mine so much that I had a roof top antenna installed on my Landyacht, now the portable unit gets better reception on the road and plays thru the dash radio system. Once set up in a campsite, its attached to a portable boom box unit with exterior antenna.

Enjoy.
Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 04:24 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2020 19' Caravel
Ammon , Idaho
Nice, thank you for sharing that info.
OutdoorIdaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 05:50 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Don’t bother with it. Sirus/Xm is easy to get discounts from. I have had the service for years, ipand I like it, but the subscription package is a bit of a scam. When your free “trial” (which comes with some new vehicles) is up, they will auto charge your credit card the full amount of the service. At that point I call them and tell them the service costs too much, and I want to cancel. They then proceed to offer me the service for a heavily discounted price, currently I’m paying around 58 dollars for a year of full access. They say the discount is only good for one year, but I have been doing this for years.
WBCCI #3960
2019 F150 ecoboost
Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 06:25 PM   #4
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
Don’t bother with it. Sirus/Xm is easy to get discounts from. I have had the service for years, ipand I like it, but the subscription package is a bit of a scam. When your free “trial” (which comes with some new vehicles) is up, they will auto charge your credit card the full amount of the service. At that point I call them and tell them the service costs too much, and I want to cancel. They then proceed to offer me the service for a heavily discounted price, currently I’m paying around 58 dollars for a year of full access. They say the discount is only good for one year, but I have been doing this for years.
I have been doing the same thing for years. I used to have to wait for my subscription to expire before they offered the discount rate. Now I just call and tell them I want the same price ($58) that I currently have and I get another year.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 06:43 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Tucson , AZ
I really need to get a better rate, I am paying for 3 radios and only 2 drivers. One car barely ever gets driven but if I cancel it the other 2 go up. I've gotten the deals before but they talk so much mumbo jumbo to confuse you & the deals don't usually last more than 6 months. They are charging me $140 every 3 months right now for the 3 radios.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:34 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
Western NC , North Carolina
I pay 60/yr for the music channels. Every time they want to charge more I threaten to cancel. And get that rate

2019 Ford F-350 Platinum
JonDNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 05:45 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Reidsville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSNO60 View Post
I really need to get a better rate, I am paying for 3 radios and only 2 drivers. One car barely ever gets driven but if I cancel it the other 2 go up. I've gotten the deals before but they talk so much mumbo jumbo to confuse you & the deals don't usually last more than 6 months. They are charging me $140 every 3 months right now for the 3 radios.
Brian,
You really need to talk with them about a better rate for 3 radios. Threatening to cancel like others suggested does get you a better rate but the Veteran Discount is on top of that. I also have streaming on my TV's at home for free that keeps music by the pool going all day. For some reason they charge less for my portable unit than the indash radio in my Jeep. You will also get a better rate to pay yearly vs monthly or qtrly.
Mike
Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:20 AM   #8
Silver Star

1970 23' Safari
Victoria , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post

Ive done the same for years....I just tell them Im canceling and they always give me a way better rate.....they offered me $5can per month for everything but Howard... and I Paid $6can and got everything including Howard Stern.
rucos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:57 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Heads up on how to get a much lower rate when re-signing with the silly Sirius membership: I got it for a year gratis when I bought my F-150. At the end of year, they sent me a bill for over $500 to renew for another year. I called to cancel and after 30 minutes of "please hold", I got a year for $85. This past year, they sent me another outrageous bill and I had to go through calling them to cancel and then getting the low rate again, along with MLB baseball channels thrown in. Their business model seems so asinine but I think they must do this because enough gullible people think they have to pay the big bucks to have Sirius.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:07 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
I’ve used SiriusXM, and decided it was basically useless. Most of the content is repetitive and available from free broadcasts. The other thing that drives me nuts is the constant identification and advertising. If I’m paying for a service I don’t need ads. Even their music-only channels ID themselves to death.

They’re constantly sending me dumb mail adverts for incredible low rates, and then when the promotional period expires they want to charge full price. The fine print tells the tale.

Not worth the hassle, IMHO. I’d rather turn off the radio and talk to to my wife and passengers.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:32 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Oracle , AZ
Radio discount

Several years ago I had satellite radio with my car. I called and said I wanted to cancel. I told them that I listen only 4 hours a month and it was not worth the money.
Then I was offered a "plan" for $4.95 a month and I could use the service in my truck and on Alexa, computer, I pad and phone, all for $4.95 a month.
I took the deal.
! year later they raised the amount to $15, I called and canceled and they gave me the service for an $4.95 for the next 2 years!
Photobill2 is offline   Reply With Quote