Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-26-2019, 05:54 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Ocean Pines , Maryland
Short Term Storage

We live in a community that doesn't allow our AS to be parked in our drive way for more than 24 hours. No issues with the Association overnight. We plan on using our AS periodically and are able to store the AS on our church property between expeditions. Our question is what should be done each time it's stored. Leveling, humidity control, tanks and water heater drained, battery on store, etc. Any thoughts would be deeply appreciated to these AS newbies!
Docbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:26 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
We store ours in a commercial lot and haven't had any problems. The trailer sits mostly level although the spot is slightly downhill. We always open all the cabinet doors and drawers to prevent a buildup of humidity. I put wood slats under the tires to prevent contact with the concrete or asphalt and covers over the tires as well. Fridge door and freezer doors are propped open.

I remove ALL food, loading food only before a trip. I remove most of the usual contents to keep weight off the tires. I remove the televisions and any other valuables. In winter it's winterized and stays that way until we get to a warmer destination. I winterize again on the way home if it's still winter weather.

We have a solar panel so the batteries stay charged in storage. I moved to a different storage lot and parked next to a building. The sun is low in the sky in winter and the building was blocking the sun from the solar panel, so I brought the batteries home.

We haven't traveled much these past couple of years. I check on the AS periodically and take it from the lot every couple of months to exercise the tires. It seems to be fine, no issues.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:15 AM   #3
CapriRacer

I'm in the , US
I would suggest that no matter the vehicle, if it is to be stored for longer than 1 month, that either the weight be taken off the tires or the vehicle be moved ever so slightly every month (1/4 turn of the tires would work.)

Want to learn about tires? Please visit my website: Barry's Tire Tech New content every month!
CapriRacer is offline   Reply With Quote