Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2023, 10:54 AM   #1

1968 30' Sovereign
Bridgewater , Vermont
Seeking New Home for Airstream - Lease to Glamping Resort?

Long-time reader but first-time poster here - hopefully this is the right sub-forum!

I just finished renovating a 1968 Sovereign (30') and have been living in it for the past year. However, I'm planning to move to a city soon (for graduate school) and probably won't be able to keep living in the Airstream wherever I end up going.

Since I'm not ready to sell it yet, I'm looking for an established Airstream community/AirBnb/VRBO/glamping resort/etc. that might be interested in leasing it from me. (Long-term storage is also an option, but I'd rather it be used and earn some money if I'm not going to live in it). It's in Vermont now but I'd like to move it to a dry desert environment - TX, NM, AZ, or CA.

A strange proposition, I know, but I'm curious if anyone has any ideas of places that might work, or any other ideas for places to keep it. Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9349.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	439376   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9353.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	439377  

jacksond0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 12:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2023 25' Globetrotter
2021 16' Bambi
Forest Lake , Minnesota
Welcome! I don't have an answer to your question, but it looks like you did a fabulous restoration!

Come to think of it, we did run across an Airstream rental community in Moab, UT. I suppose you thought of it, but contacting places like this might be a start. However, I'm guessing you might run into liability and other issues that might make it impractical.
JeffKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 01:03 PM   #3
diesel maniac

Airstream - Other
Tucson , AZ
Bisbee AZ https://www.theshadydell.com/

Tucson, AZ https://www.elpaismotel.com/#:~:text...%20much%20more.
Old 12-09-2023, 01:20 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2023 28' International
Mercer County , New Jersey
Most of these glamping resorts that have trailers for accommodations have either park models (AS makes them special order for places like AutoCamp) or renovate old models to meet their needs. The biggest thing most do is change the plumbing/water to be directly connected to a sewer system so that guests don't need to worry about dumping or using different type toilets.

Also, unless you used commercial/industrial quality components, the constant use from non-owner occupants that don't care about the unit would be severe and you'd see you renovation destroyed in no time.
jeffb831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 10:59 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Woodway , Texas
Rent Renovated AS for Glamping?

Beautiful restoration!

Might look at similar units where you're thinking about marketing yours.

Bear in mind that there will ber more wear and tear than you and your family might put on it for your own use, though. Having been in several homes/townhouses/apartments our extended family has stayed in, the number of countertop burns, appliance scratches and floor/trim damage we've seen would preclude us ever putting our home or AS in such service.

If you decide to do it, though, I'd recommend you get a hefty damage deposit, take a lot of photos prior to each rental and get mentally prepped for the 'renter from hell' that you will occasionally have.

Car rental companies' rental agreements state, 'absolutely no smoking' and point to a $100 or more fine for non-compliance. If you've rented a vehicle lately, they all smell smoked in unless new; and they will be sooner than later. Will the same thing happen to your Airstream? Yes, it will, so please consider.
emelaich01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 10:09 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
Beautiful

You are to be congratulated for the interior work. Love the stove. I hope it finds a proper home and best luck on your school-
Life is a Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 12:48 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2021 22' Caravel
SEATTLE , WA
FWIW it is pretty easy to find long term RV campgrounds in most big cities, especially in winter/school year.

There's one here in Seattle that's really nice with a crowd of mostly professionals, traveling nurses, contract software engineers,, retirees visiting family etc. We stayed there on our first shakedown trip - the trailer next to us had a McClaren parked in front of it! You might save a bundle on rent, just saying.

Fantastic job on that reservation, congratulations and good luck.
bcheever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 11:22 AM   #8
geo
2 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Vancouver , British Columbia
Another rental option is RVnGO, an RV sharing service. They provide insurance on your rig. https://www.rvngo.com/
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 12:25 PM   #9

2020 30' International
Needville , Texas
Southwest Houston ranch

Hello all,
I sit on a 58 acres ranch in Southwest Houston Texas, I can accommodate your RV under my arena where my 30 foot 2020 airstream international sits I can accommodate 30 or 50 amp power. If you need to keep it connected to run air-conditioning to avoid mildew. Or outside on concrete slab.
You can contact me at cedarinc@yahoo.com
Cedart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 09:23 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

montrose , Colorado
leasing AS

Based on the restoration project/results, I would guess you would be doing graduate work in industrial engineering.. Great work. Dan
dan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 05:36 PM   #11

1968 30' Sovereign
Bridgewater , Vermont
Thanks!

Thanks for all those great responses! This is exactly the information I was hoping for - it will definitely help me hone in on a path forward. Much appreciated.
jacksond0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 02:23 PM   #12

Page , Arizona
We are what you are seeking. We are an established and very well received glamping hotel in Arizona. Being on the other side of the coin, we too have proposed this as we feel certain there is a workable relationship to be forged here. How can we contact you? Our email is shashdineecoretreat @ gmail (dot) com

- Paul and Baya Meehan
ShashDine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 03:13 PM   #13

1969 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
How to Insure with Woodstove?

Hi there,

I don't have an answer to your question, but your restoration is amazing! How did you get insurance with the woodstove? We are just starting our resto of a 1969 27' Overlander and were hoping to put in a woodstove, but I think our insurance company won't underwrite it!
Clatterbear is offline   Reply With Quote