Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-09-2017, 12:19 AM   #21
Tap
Newbie -- 1981 280 MoHo

1981 28' Airstream 280
Minneapolis/St. Paul , Minnesota
Thank you all so much for a very helpful discussion. I ended up purchasing the 10-piece stainless with induction capability. I also bought the optional strainer that can also nest in with the set, and some pads to go between the pans.

I love all of it!
Thanks!
Old 08-09-2017, 10:12 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

Byron Center , Michigan
This has been a great convo to follow (thanks Tap). We had not even thought about nesting cookware.

Question for the folks who have been using non-stick for a while - have you had any issues with the non-stick coating rubbing or marring as a result of the nested pots traveling in your rolling earthquake? Do you do anything special to keep them from contacting? Or do they nest without contacting the non-stick face?

Thanks in advance,
Larry
YippieKiYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:16 PM   #23

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by YippieKiYa View Post
This has been a great convo to follow (thanks Tap). We had not even thought about nesting cookware.

Question for the folks who have been using non-stick for a while - have you had any issues with the non-stick coating rubbing or marring as a result of the nested pots traveling in your rolling earthquake? Do you do anything special to keep them from contacting? Or do they nest without contacting the non-stick face?

Thanks in advance,
Larry
Well, I didn't buy non-stick ones because I don't want to have to re-purchase them in a few years... those coatings just don't last all that long. Still, I didn't want the pretty new pots and pans to get all scratched up so I bought protectors. These were way cheaper than the ones that showed as an add-on to the order. The package of these had more than I needed so I used one to wrap up the handles as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pot_protector.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	291753  

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:59 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

Byron Center , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
Well, I didn't buy non-stick ones because I don't want to have to re-purchase them in a few years... those coatings just don't last all that long. Still, I didn't want the pretty new pots and pans to get all scratched up so I bought protectors. These were way cheaper than the ones that showed as an add-on to the order. The package of these had more than I needed so I used one to wrap up the handles as well.

That's an interesting solution. Thanks for sharing.
YippieKiYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:21 PM   #25
The Tin Man

2017 27' International
SoCal , California
I am ready to pull the trigger but there are several reviews on Amazon that said the handles melted. Has anyone had experiences with this?
WBCC #4913
sandollars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:25 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2010 28' International
Annapolis , Maryland
I had two sets of these, both of which I've heavily for 6 years. The handles don't melt unless the pots are abused .... such as using smallest pan on largest gas burner, on high with flames licking up the sides of the pot. These are very durable pots.
wander-west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:28 AM   #27
Rivet Master

Lakes Region , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandollars View Post
I am ready to pull the trigger but there are several reviews on Amazon that said the handles melted. Has anyone had experiences with this?
I was ready to pull the trigger too, then saw several reviews that said the tires self destruct, the fridge doesn't cool and it leaks.....
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:23 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Vancouver , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by wander-west View Post
I had two sets of these, both of which I've heavily for 6 years. The handles don't melt unless the pots are abused .... such as using smallest pan on largest gas burner, on high with flames licking up the sides of the pot. These are very durable pots.
Mine melted and I can guarantee they weren't abused. The company is aware of the problem and has replaced many of them for consumers. Hopefully they are now manufacturing better handles.
Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:39 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

oz , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post
We love our magma stainless cookware, also. We have the non stick and reseason it every year to make it non stick. But please watch the underneath sides of your handles - they have been known to bubble from getting too hot. Magma will replace them if you send them in.
Inquiring minds want to know. How do you reseason non-stick cook ware.
wahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:54 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
We purchased a 10 piece set about a month ago. Just melted a handle. New rule now is to remove the handle while cooking. I did turn the flame down on the main burner.