Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-22-2021, 04:23 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
We love it all.

The comraderie of our 4CU Unit, the joys are still being able to go camping while not wanting to sleep on the ground and pack in, the beautiful places it will take us, and all the bumps bruises, creases and scars that go with a vintage.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 04:42 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2008 19' Bambi
2012 23' Flying Cloud
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Bandera , Texas
Someone earlier said since we bought it we feel obligatory use it. That’s kinda what I said to the Mrs when she bought our first one......make sure you use it, do chick-trips, etc. Those trips didn’t happen, but many, many thousands of miles have, we’re on our second AS and looking for our third. Nothing but positives.
banderabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 06:04 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Edgewater , Maryland
Dreamed about retiring and seeing more of this beautiful country. With 10-22 months until we retire, my wife I started thinking seriously about an AS last spring with all the other cooped up empty nesters. Started reading the blog daily and went to look at a Nest last summer. When we left the dealer that day we moved from a Nest, thru the Bambi to the Carvelle. In October we upgraded to our final selection, a 2021 FC 25FB. We just got our build date and SN from Colonial and hope to pick it up in late April. Have two trips planned to a Shenandoah in May and Vt in Sept, still need to fill in some trips in between! Ordered our 2021 Silverado Crew at Thanksgiving it looks like the AS may arrive before our TV! Can’t wait to hit the road and see all the great places ya’ll have shared.
Dr. Ohat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 06:12 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2023 27' Globetrotter
Winder , Georgia
First off, thanks to Randonneur for creating a great thread. It’s good to read so many positives for a change.
My wife and I camped with our children in other campers when we were younger. We loved it. Kids got older, got into other things, sold the other campers. Didn’t camp for years. Our youngest is now in college and my wife and I decided that we wanted to camp again, since we enjoyed it so much back then. We love the outdoors and traveling to new places so this can be our ‘forever’ hobby. As far as the Airstream, this time it was the only trailer we even considered. It’s our first one and we have only had it a few months but love it. My wife’s grandparents had an Airstream and traveled across the country in it. It was their hobby, and their passion. We were able to be with her grandfather on the last trip he was able to take in his beloved Airstream. I remember thinking how much it made him feel like a kid just to be able to camp and do all the activities that went with it. He was 90 years old on that trip. We are proud to be able to carry on that family tradition. In fact to honor them, we joined WBCCI and got their number and will proudly display it on our new trailer. We consider ourselves very blessed to be able to now own such a fine unit as an Airstream.
Bcc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 06:38 PM   #25
Airstream Trippin

2020 33' Classic
Livingston , Texas
Airstream Life

We have been living full time for exactly one year in our 33 Classic. We have owned 6 other SOB’s and have travelled to all 50 States. We have been married 35 years and still enjoy each. Our Airstream is beyond our wildest dreams! We have more than enough room for the things we like to carry and we can hang out ANYWHERE thanks to solar and our generator. Our AS tow lovely behind the truck and we forget it’s even behind us. We wish we would have bought an AS years ago. We bought what we wanted and have ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS! Follow our adventures onInstagram @airstreamtrippin. If you are where we are let’s have a cocktail or two and be friends.
Gigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 08:05 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
What a great thread topic!

What a great thread! Thank you Randonneur for starting it.

Our story is a combination of two previous posts from Dr. Ohat and Bcc75. While raising our two boys we went from tents to pop-ups. Once the kids grew up we started to fly our west then drive to National Parks.

Then life threw us a lemon - the DW had a scare with Cancer. While she was recovering we talked about what we’d like to do when I retired. Both of us love photography and travel which took us to the travel trailer discussion.

We went to several RV shows but were disappointed in what we saw. We stumbled across a used 16’ Bambi at an Airstream dealer. While it was okay, we asked what else they had. We checked out everything on the lot and eventually bought a FC23FB because it fit our TV (but really preferred the 25’ floor plan).

While we loved the Airstream experience, we found the U-snapped dinette in the 23’ a little too small to our liking. After one season we traded up to a 27’ Globetrotter and haven’t looked back. We joined WBCCI and are looking forward to attending rallies. *Loveland would have been our first but COVID-19 cancelled that one.

It goes without saying Airstreams are more expensive than SOB trailers. We are lucky to be able to afford one and be part of this great community.
WBCCI# 10258
RETIRED!
jeffmc306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 08:33 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1969 18' Caravel
Greenville , whereEverIroam
Looks grab you, durability keeps you.

I most especially appreciate the essential durability of the camper. Of course you want to be reasonably gentle with it, and, like any camper or house, it requires routine and periodic maintenance and repairs, but what other trailer out there lasts as long?

I feel so lucky to have purchased a vintage unit that I felt free to modify and improve as much as I want and as quickly or as leisurely as I feel. I have fun both using it and working on it. I also appreciate that it has appreciated in value over the last 15 years, from what I paid for it, probably also for what I have invested in it (not counting labor). For how many other luxury/recreational items can that be said?

Unless some sort of serious accident befalls her, I will not be the last owner of this little gem, and some other happy and lucky person will eventually journey to more golden horizons on their own adventures down the road.
skyguyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:00 AM   #28
1 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic
Clayton , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by missaviatrix View Post
I've been full-timing for almost a year now, working remotely, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. This home on wheels is a beautiful little piece of art.

Now if it only had wings and could fly, it would be perfect!
Here you go....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	31F2DD85-4FBF-4B7B-BDF6-D17E80D5928E.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	389269  
lp4571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:07 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
Rogers , Arkansas
I too love this thread! I had just finished (stopped before the end) of the "Pet Peeve" thread and was a little down. This is so uplifting and happy. Makes me want to head out NOW. I enjoyed all the stories and look forward to reading more of them.
We have had our AS now for just over a year and now several thousand miles later, I have nothing but excitement when I think about our past and future adventures.

Thank you Randonneur!
Mikebrady62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:22 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
Good idea for a thread topic. The Airstream tows very well, yes, people will go on forever about the 'correct' way but that's another story, all of my Airstreams have towed very well. They hold up well. The floor layouts are very functional. But it's the people we meet and know from all around that is number one.
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:49 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Out now for 2 weeks today, especially in these Covid times I loooooove the self sufficiency/safety of my Interstate.

Maggie
Old 02-24-2021, 09:23 PM   #32
Long time owner

2004 25' Classic
1974 25' Tradewind
1970 21' Globetrotter
1975 26' Argosy 26
Forrest City , Arkansas
I am on my third Airstream over the past 50+ years. I cannot imagine not having my "Silver Lady" waiting for our next traveling adventure. Life has been good!!
doctorlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:14 AM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
2011 23' International
Larkspur , Colorado
Love my AS

We enjoy the open roads and unexplored journeys on our bucket list. Here’s one example we completed yesterday. A month in Baja with over 4650 miles on the trip.

https://instagram.com/fun_with_big_al_and_victoria?igshid=13z3cj4yp83kf

Get out and have fun!
Bigcgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:37 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2018 25' International
Chino Hills , California
We love owning our 2018 25FT FBT International serenity. It fits beautifully in all National and state parks. It’s beautiful and feels like a REAL home. We love towing our airstream. I have loved the look of the Airstream since I was a child. Glam camping at its BEST. Love decorating the Airsteam for the different seasons. The amazing people we have met on this journey is truly The Silver Lining of owning an airstream. We have all learned much over the past year during this pandemic. Sheltering in place in an airstream what a gift . Hopeful as many of us receive the vaccine . As we start to plan future adventures hope to see you down the road. Safe travels Friends. Life is good. Life in an airstream amazing.
Luke Grisott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:01 AM   #35
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Hampton , New Jersey
I love my Bambi Sport 16RB. It has been a dream come true except, now that my husband is nearing retirement he said he would travel a bit with me. He sleeps on the dinette while I get the bed because we hate having to crawl over one another to go to the bathroom. If I won the lottery I would get the Flying Cloud 23FB but I doubt that will ever happen. Well, I at least had one dream granted.
Jerzmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:20 AM   #36
1 Rivet Member

2006 28' Safari
Port Angeles , Washington
Alumaluna Life on the road

Having had tents, 3 tent trailers of different brands along with a class A motor home over 40 years I would see the iconic AS rolling down the highway and thought it was an unachievable thought to ever experiencing the AS experience.
And low and behold after moving to the Pacific Northwest I made the move to pursuing the AS to escape the nasty winter months this year and thankfully found a 2006, 28w with solar panels and a dreamy rear queen bed lol!
So my giant poodle Roxy and I hit the road last Nov. 1st heading south to San Diego my hometown and can’t be more pleased stopping to visit family along the way in Utah, RV resorting in Las Vegas, Boondocking in Arizona and finally RV resort living in San Diego until March 22nd when Roxy and I will head home to fish King Salmon beginning April 1st and filing my taxes lol.
This is the life, I love it, meeting new people on the road and fellow AS people! I plan to attend an alumapalooza rally maybe this year and head up to the Michigan Peninsula to see the change of colors. I wouldn’t be doing this type of traveling if it were not for the Alumaluna! God Bless her!
Alumaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:57 AM   #37
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
After having two brand new Airstreams we now have a 1960. Shorter, narrower and lighter.

I can get this thing anywhere in the wilds of the Mojave Desert to boondock in comfort.

Bliss pure bliss.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:02 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I never get tired of looking at it.
I always see Airstreams on the road, and it doesn't matter if they're a 2021 or a 1965, I think they're all unique.
I have pride in ownership.
I feel I'm more attached to mine because it's been 100% reliable. No leaks, squeaks, or tweaks. (Knock on formica.)
If I ever sell mine, a 26U, I'll buy a 30 classic.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:59 PM   #39
3 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
High Point , North Carolina
Traveled the world, did many cruises & tours decided to see America, again, started cheap with a pop up, decided we wanted more comforts and went all the way...have enjoyed every minute and love our AS as ours at least has been a beast. Runs and operates like a fine Swiss watch..never had a serious problem in 6 yrs of use...I sleep better in our AS than I do at home!
Rfriebele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 03:12 PM   #40
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' International
Mount Zion , Illinois
I must say I do like the photo of your AS that went in the forum email for this thread. I've inquired with my dealer to see which model that was (you know, the one with shuttle wings, rocket engines) and she referred me to NASA.
TV: F-250, 7.3L Gas Engine
nadrad314 is offline   Reply With Quote