Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2015, 04:02 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
I sometimes use my 2 burner Coleman propane stove outside but for griddle cooking its useless. The two burners are too far apart and the griddle doesn't heat evenly, hot on the ends and cooler in the middle. Should've got a 3 burner model for griddle cooking.

Kelvin
I have both the 2 burner and the larger 3 burner camp stove. The 3 burner burns hotter and more evenly IMO. It also has more room for larger pots and skillets. I got the 3 burner on eBay and I see they are still available. I don't know how well they work with a griddle, never tried. I use the 2 burner to heat the Coleman coffee pot or just as a food warmer. I love that Coleman fuel, no propane for me
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:19 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by angle View Post
this is the out door kitchen we use. and we love it.
We've had our Camp Chef for a number of years and it works great. We put a hanging thermometer in the oven to make sure we get the temp right for baking. Also have the rugged zip close cover with handles on both ends for easy carry.
tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:23 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Western MA , Massachusetts
Great Grill Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
We just started using a Volcano charcoal grill which is great on its own (get the Kevlar cover too) and even better as a base for a Dutch oven. We won't be taking the propane grill with us this season!
We bought the Volcano after reading this thread and based on SteveSueMac's post.
We couldn't be happier with the grill. It's great! Thank you for the great info and reco! It was great timing seeing this thread, as we had been looking and discussing what grill to get for months. The decision to get the Volcano came just in time for our vacation.
With three fuel options for cooking - the Volcano is super versitile. We got to really test it out on our 10 day vaca in VA...using lump charcoal, it cooked the food so easily. Also easy clean up and storage.
We bought an adaptor to hook up to propane and will try that out before the summer is done.
This forum is a great resource for info and help!
Wild Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 06:13 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2012 30' Classic
Wildwood , Missouri
We also use a Volcano and have a Nu-Wave Induction burner - love them both. I bought the Kevlar top for the Volcano and even made beer can chicken on it with the cover! I like it folds up to fit in the closet. I lucked out and got a set of induction cookware on clearance at Tuesday Morning that stacks and has removeable handles like the Magma set. I like them so much, I went back to get a set for home and they were all gone
kswelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:28 AM   #25
1 Rivet Member

2019 25' Globetrotter
Indian river , Michigan
Camp chef

I have a question for you camp chef users.....the 2 burner stove is 30,000 BTU per burner, do you find you burn through a lot of propane with these?
Kpope69211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:40 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpope69211 View Post
I have a question for you camp chef users.....the 2 burner stove is 30,000 BTU per burner, do you find you burn through a lot of propane with these?
Max 30,000 BTU. We've only had ours for a couple weeks, so it's hard to gauge, but we are cooking mostly between low and medium. I expect to get around 15 to 20 hours off a 20# tank. We really like it so far.
SeaLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:12 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Little Rock , Arkansas
We have the 3 burner campchef and love it. Even got the pizza oven that sits on top of 2 burners. Love making our pizzas when camping. The best pizza we ever had comes out of that oven.
judyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:07 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
I use a Camco 57321 Universal BBQ/Appliance Stand. They fold completely flat and can be stored in the outside storage area.
ewbradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote