Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2014, 10:47 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Reed Point , Montana
Is it a good idea to place a couple of jack stands under the front of the coach near the electric jack lift, just to take all the pressure off of the electric jack lift unit?
Bigskyrider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:00 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
If you run chains between the wheels, cover the chain in something truly tasteless like bright pink or yellow plastic cover - just so YOU don't try to drive off after forgetting to remove and stow the chain. You also want to make a potential thief notice that kind of security. After having my 30 amp cord stolen while leaving it on site as I went to dump the tanks convinced me that it's a target too. Once through a hub spoke and click with a padlock.

My Hensley - a neighbor remarked - well THAT looks like a theft deterrant!

Hitch safety chains... Yep you CAN drag a trailer away with these. DELAYING a thief is really all you can do... they know it's better to find an easy target, so simply wrapping your chains around the jackpost or frame and padlocking the end links together is a simple way to frustrate a thief.

Encourage thieves to look elsewhere for easier targets.

Paula
Old 04-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #23
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
Heard the theft question many times on the forum for my previous Camp-Inn Tear Drop camper (much much smaller than an AS). Out of the couple of thousand that they have sold in the last 10 years or so only 1 was stolen. So my question would be how many Airstreams are stolen per year or even in the lifetime of AS? Is there really a problem to be solved? And insurance can sure be a life saver.
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote