Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-27-2017, 05:39 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Saint Augustine , Florida
my posts keep disappearing

I'm not sure what I'm screwing up, but during the last few days, I've started about 3-4 threads. First none show up on the email of new threads that I get. Secondly, when I go looking for them I can't find them. They also don't show up on "New posts". I click "submit post" and it shows me the post as it will appear. I'm baffled ( but I've had that problem before ! LOL)
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:59 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
I posted to one thread this morning that was in the process of being edited for content by the moderators at exactly the same moment, and my new post didn't make it into the thread. A lot of other posts by me and others were removed from that thread as well. It happens, especially when the thread goes off-topic into an area that violates the AirForums community standards. You might not be the one who violated the standards— if you were, you'd get a well-deserved nastygram from the moderators as a warning. The mods just have to decide if any given post still makes sense once the context of other posts around it has been removed, so sometimes good posts get removed with the bad ones.

One sure way to find all of your surviving posts… You're automatically subscribed to any thread you post in, including the ones you start. So if you go to "UserCP" and select "View all Subscribed Threads," you'll see them all.

If you still don't see them, then it's time to contact a moderator by PM and ask if you're doing something wrong.

I don't think the daily email notification includes EVERY new thread, just a representative sample. But I don't subscribe to the email notification, so that's just guesswork on my part.

And as for not finding threads you've started, they might not be in the sub-forum you thought they were in. That's why UserCP is your best bet for finding them.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:32 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Often, my posts don't show up on "New Posts".
But if I search (I go straight to advanced search, then enter my user name) they are there.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #4
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
Often, my posts don't show up on "New Posts".
But if I search (I go straight to advanced search, then enter my user name) they are there.
That brings up a point. The "New Posts" list only shows threads you haven't read since the last time someone posted. So you won't see yours there until someone else replies, because you already read the post you made, and it's not new to you, only to everyone else.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
I think the New Posts page doesn't include posts you just made, even if it is new . . .

Go figure . . .

If you log out and then check Today's Posts, or the Portal page at the top left tab, your post/thread should be there.

Clear as mud right?

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:38 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
08:37 PM -- alignment of thoughts . . .

Old 07-27-2017, 08:21 PM   #7
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Fuzzy Logic

Perfectly executed programmer's logic... now if there had been a user involved... it might make sense to the rest of us.

Sir Tristan
Air #48582, S/SO #003, WBCCI #4584
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:49 PM   #8
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
There have been moments that a post that I posted may be completely new to me even if I am the one who posted it.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:50 PM   #9
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Hopefully those moments don't happen often. : )

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:29 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
2016 30' Flying Cloud
Blenheim Ontario , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordionman View Post
I'm not sure what I'm screwing up, but during the last few days, I've started about 3-4 threads. First none show up on the email of new threads that I get. Secondly, when I go looking for them I can't find them. They also don't show up on "New posts". I click "submit post" and it shows me the post as it will appear. I'm baffled ( but I've had that problem before ! LOL)
A number of times now, I have lost a post to some idiotic thing called "Captcha".
It asks if I am a robot, I click it, and sometimes 30 minutes of work goes down the drain.
(It may take me that long to get information, photos, and compose my answer to someone else's post.)
MelGoddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:19 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
The Captcha thread has some good suggestions for not losing your material:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...ot-155600.html

as you may be aware . . .

Old 07-28-2017, 03:25 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2004 22' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelGoddard View Post
A number of times now, I have lost a post to some idiotic thing called "Captcha".
It asks if I am a robot, I click it, and sometimes 30 minutes of work goes down the drain.
(It may take me that long to get information, photos, and compose my answer to someone else's post.)
I am sure it has happened to most. One way to avoid the loss is to compose the response in Word or some other text editor and then copy and paste it into the posting window. If it is lost, another copy and paste is easy.
Silver.Sanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote