Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-21-2018, 05:39 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Ebro , Fla Panhandle
I've a question about improving airforums?

I'm not sure where to post this idea, so I'll try here.

If not on the classic motorhomes forum, I mostly use the portal page. But as the forum has become more popular, subjects disappear from that front page quickly as new posts come in.
Sometimes I want to look back into a thread that has disappeared and have a hard time finding it again.

I don't find which branch of the forum it came from being displayed when it is on the portal page, so they are hard to track back down.
Even when I get email notice that an old thread has been active. It's still not easy to find it to see what all has happened in it.

On other forums that I enjoy, past threads drift onto pages behind the front page. This allows access to threads that are no longer on the front page.
Making them easy to find again.

So moderators is this change a possibility on the portal page.

I really do enjoy and appreciate airforums, and hope this is ok to mention.

Cheers Richard
tevake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
click on "new post"
Old 07-21-2018, 07:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry View Post
click on "new post"
The New Posts link is in the blue menu bar above, between Calendar and Search [which is the old less functional search function BTW]. When you click on that link, there will be 15 pages of New Posts available, which will take you back a couple of weeks +/- . . .

. . . but . . .

. . . if no one has posted on the thread you are looking for, since you last looked at it, it will not be considered "new" and thus won't be on the list.

The best solution is to use your browser's Bookmarks or Favorites function, to organize topics you may wish to visit again. In Firefox, this is a great way to keep track of threads here, but this process is easier on a desktop or laptop "real computer," than it is on a mobile device IMO.

Another approach would be to use the new and much more functional search function in the blue-bordered box above. If you tailor the search terms carefully, you can generally find what you are looking for fairly easily IMO. After the Google page opens with search results, you can change the search terms there to try again. Just be sure to leave in place the search term: "site:airforums.com" .
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote