Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2021, 09:56 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1963 30' Sovereign
Alden , MI
How to meet local Airstreamers?

Is there a place on the forum where people can post where they are in hopes of meeting other local Airstreamers?

We just got a new 1963 gutted Sovereign and we'd love to meet with others who would get excited about this crazy thing we are doing, let us look at their project, and look at ours and talk Airstream and such or share hard won wisdom.

I found the clubs and such, but I was more thinking a spot where we can post by country and state and then within a state have people post their general area. Like, "I'm in the Traverse City Michigan area" so people can meet up. Did I just miss that or is that not a thing?
Old 04-17-2021, 10:38 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
1961 28' Ambassador
1968 26' Overlander
Lakewood , Colorado
Hello and welcome... I have found that the one on one networking thing works pretty well, even this past year (some initial encounters have been interesting). Granted, there is a large pool of very active folks in the Denver area, You just see a lot of someone posting on threads you like, realize they may just live 10-20 minutes away, send a "personal message " through your User CP and there you go.
Good luck... Mark D
mrdes8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 10:41 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
1972 21' Globetrotter
SW , Missouri
I think it depends on what part of the country you are in. I have not found anyone local on the forum.
Old 04-17-2021, 10:46 AM   #4
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Try looking at the rally threads might find a close by event and meet Airstreamers there.
S/OS #001
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
GCinSC2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:29 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Join the WBCCI. Or the Airstream Club. Or whatever it is calling itself now. The local units have luncheons and rallies and are quite welcoming to new members. When you join you will be a member of a local unit and the national unit. It is common for people to regularly attend the functions of 2 or more of the local units so thee is a lot of opportunity to meet people.
Bill M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:53 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. View Post
Join the WBCCI. Or the Airstream Club. Or whatever it is calling itself now. The local units have luncheons and rallies and are quite welcoming to new members. When you join you will be a member of a local unit and the national unit. It is common for people to regularly attend the functions of 2 or more of the local units so thee is a lot of opportunity to meet people.
I was going to make the same suggestion. The Airstream Club website https://airstreamclub.org/) lists all the rallies held by all the units of the club. There is hardly a weekend (in warm weather) where there is not an event taking place.

Plus you would get all the other benefits of being a member.
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 01:38 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
In addition to the Airstream Club referenced previously, that also has a Vintage IntraClub (which is a great group for owners of vintage Airstreams 25 years & older) dedicated to the restoration, care & feeding of vintage trailers, you can also search for AirForums for other Forums Members in your area.
  • Click on 'Community' in the blue bar near the top of the page. A dropdown menu will appear.
  • Click on 'Members List'. A new window will pop up.
  • Click on 'Search Members' in the blue bar below the pages bar.
  • Select 'Advanced Search'. A new window will pop up.
  • There you can enter various search criteria (State, Town, Trailer, etc). Click 'Search Now'.
  • Look through the listings and see if there is anybody near you with a similar trailer. Check out their posts &/or photos & blogs.
Obviously, the more criteria filters you enter, the fewer members will appear. 'MI' results in over 3000 members whereas entering 'Alden' & 'MI' only results in a couple. Once you've found someone who lives by you with a similar trailer or interests - reach out to them by Private Message or read their posts to see if you might 'click' with them.

Or start a thread inviting people to chime in or meet-up. If you plan it, they will come...

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 05:16 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Kansas City , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter417 View Post
I think it depends on what part of the country you are in. I have not found anyone local on the forum.

You are more than welcome to pull your Airstream up to KC for our annual fall get together at Roasterie Coffee on SW Boulevard under the DC-3.
Slats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 09:12 AM   #9
Married with Airstream

2004 25' International CCD
Vancouver Island , British Columbia
Yep, join the AS club in your area
2013 F-150HD FX4 SuperCrew Lariart (MaxTow) "Red Dragon"
drbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:01 PM   #10
Still Learning

2013 25' International
Benzonia , Michigan
I sent you a private message a few days ago in response to your question about axles. Did you notice that in your inbox?

We joined the Michigan Airstream Club group. Region 04, unit 52. Fairly active group with numerous campouts in the region and really great folks. They have a website.

A friend of ours who lives nearby is just finishing up his rebuild after a total gut. You might want to see that and talk to him.

Private message me and we can get in touch.

Kat
trailerKat is offline   Reply With Quote