Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2022, 02:02 PM   #21
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
Did you participate in a caravan, or wing it solo when traveling from the lower 48 to Alaska?

Alaska is on my bucket list but the only concern is the potential to beat up my new trailer (we hope to pick it up from the dealer next Friday!).
Hi

We came up with both RV's so "both" is the answer . The van is (was) brand new. I do understand the concern about damage. It is not unfounded. The slower you drive the less risk there is.

Last time we went out for a long trip ( pre-Covid) we headed up to the UP of Michigan and then across ND and Montana. On that one we pretty much lucked out as well in terms of temperatures.

Last summer we did a couple week trip down to Georgia in August. No, we don't *always* go where the temps are cool. Finding it a bit warm and humid, even in the north end of the state did not really come as much of a surprise.

Indeed over the years there have been *many* locations that made us turn on both A/C's in the trailer and run them just about all day long. Even if we are out and about, eventually you come back. With the A/C off a hot trailer *not* much fun. With both units running they take about an hour or two to cool down a hot trailer out in the sun.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 02:26 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ealmasy View Post
Just need to come a little farther north when traveling to the midwest in the summer, to Minnesota/Wisconsin/Michigan, where daytime temps are mostly in the 70's and 80's, and nighttime in the 60's. We've done a few trips so far this year within the aforementioned states, and the weather has mostly been terrific, only having to run our A/C on a handful of days.

When it is hot, I can't say enough good about this Geek Aire misting fan. It's been a lifesaver for us on the days when it has gotten into the 90's.
I’d actually like to camp in northern Michigan.

My wife and I camped with the Airstream in Door county, Wisconsin in late September a few years ago. That was awesome. The weather was cool, the leaves were changing, the dining and recreation options were great.

Past:
Airstream International Serenity 23FB
Newmar Ventana 3715
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote