Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-08-2017, 09:27 AM   #121
3 Rivet Member

2005 34' Classic
tucson , Arizona
(Pre-Airstream)My wife and I received an invitation to go to a Hilton for 3 day stay, free, providing we attend the sales pitch for their time share. So...what's couple of hours for 3 days in SanDiego right?

We hit the beach, played golf(skipped Legoland...yuk), found a brewery, ate wonderful food in Carsbad and had a fine time. Time for the tour.
I won't go into all the sales stuff but over and over for 2 hours while praising the facilities and the price and locations our salesman kept using some version of the the phrase "..and you really DO want to be Hilton kind of people". Now my wife and I are just plain old middle class folks who have no envy of anyone wealthy, nor do we look down on those who are not. Although we liked the concept and the facilities, teasing us with somehow joining the exclusive 'Hilton kind of people' club was really sort of repugnant.
Since then, when we have found find ourselves in some cheap diner, or eating BBQ at a bluegrass festival we look at each other and laugh at how we really are NOT "Hilton kind of people'.
Somehow it seemed fitting to name our AS, and when we first bought it and we tried to pick something appropriate. We finally did, from now on our silver companion will be known as 'Hilton'. We finally are Hilton kind of people after all.
dvgofaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:36 AM   #122
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Getting out of Time share property contract services is one of the most heavily advertised things on SoCal radio and TV stations. Apparently a lot of regrets getting involved. I’d rather put money in my Airstream.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:58 PM   #123
1 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Washougal , WA
Named our 23D

The Dunlap. It was the ship my dad was on during WWII, he always called it the Tin Can.
jkaydown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #124
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Our F150 Lariat is named Larry. We just got our 23CB a few weeks ago, and I've been calling it Moe, for what seems to me, obvious reasons. I'm thinking we could then name our kayaks Curly 1 and Curly 2. Not sure if husband loves the name, so not sure if it will stick or not.
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:07 PM   #125
halfloaf

2018 16' Sport
Cary , NC
An airstream looks sort of like a loaf of bread. My Sport 16 is a... half a loaf. Somehow it became "the halfloaf."

And it gets parked in a "bread box." My friends ask me where my bread box is this week...

My Expedition, on the other hand, refuses to be named. I've tried a few things and nothing sticks.
halfloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #126
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
South Hero , Vermont
We live in Vermont. The past couple of years the award winning “best” IPA is brewed here. It’s called Heady Topper. The 16 oz. can is raw aluminum with black printing. My AS is named Heady Topper ‘cause it looks like the can.
sb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:25 PM   #127
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up

Our 63 Safari..The "Frantic Banana"..don't ask, it was a long time ago

03' Classic.. "Cloudsplitter">> tahawus Native American for the high peaks of the Adirondack Mtns.

BTW...the Album is great around the campfire on a starry night.

Bob
Old 11-10-2017, 10:27 PM   #128

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdstuff View Post
Our F150 Lariat is named Larry. We just got our 23CB a few weeks ago, and I've been calling it Moe, for what seems to me, obvious reasons. I'm thinking we could then name our kayaks Curly 1 and Curly 2. Not sure if husband loves the name, so not sure if it will stick or not.
call one kayak Curly and the other Shep
Mattirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:37 PM   #129
Rivet Master

Corona , California
Shemp is probably more correct...
Old 11-13-2017, 09:44 PM   #130
1 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Henderson , Nevada
Came to me in a dream. Elizabeth Trailer and her pink flamingo pal Richard Birdton.
Sdraucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:06 PM   #131
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Happy Holidays everyone...

I have to revisit this thread, because we've been through a few names, and they haven't stuck.

First was Moe. Husband didn't like that one. Said Moe was the "mean" stooge, and couldn't name trailer after him.

Then it was Sneak Around Sally. Husband came up with that, and I liked it. Then he changed his mind.

Now I'm calling it Good Time Charlie, but not sure this one will stick either.

Frustrating, as I've found that the logical names usually present themselves quite easily...but this one isn't.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:07 PM   #132
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Frustrating, as I've found that the logical names usually present themselves quite easily...but this one isn't.
Part of the problem is that you're trying to come up with a name. It's not a baby, and you don't have to fill in the blank on the birth certificate. It's okay if your trailer takes a few years to find its own name.

Besides, the best names are whimsical, and whimsy comes— well, in a moment of whimsy. For example, you call yourself "weirdstuff" here on the Forums. There was an old movie called "Weird Science" that starred Kelly LeBrock, and when 2+2 suddenly equalled 5 in my sick, twisted mind, I thought your trailer should be named "Kelly Le Brick."
Old 12-26-2017, 04:40 PM   #133
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Happy Holidays everyone...

I have to revisit this thread, because we've been through a few names, and they haven't stuck.

First was Moe. Husband didn't like that one. Said Moe was the "mean" stooge, and couldn't name trailer after him.

Then it was Sneak Around Sally. Husband came up with that, and I liked it. Then he changed his mind.

Now I'm calling it Good Time Charlie, but not sure this one will stick either.

Happy holidays to you as well.

I think folks here are incredibly creative and could offer a hand with your naming dilemma.

For example - with a username like Weirdstuff - consider this Mel Brooks play on words from Young Frankenstein: call it Abby (or straight up Abby Normal).

Another play on weird could go from the silly - like Campy Camper - to the macabre - like Uncanny Camper - or just other definitions of weird like MysteryMobile (or Miss Terry/Miss Terry's Mobile for a play on words), or since weird is thought to have origins meaning - the power to control destiny - perhaps call it Destiny, or Destiny's Coach....

Or get away from the weird vein and think more about how you use it - I call my truck Freedom Machine (don't judge [emoji3]) because I bought it just for the Airstream and it makes me think of a day to come which is all freedom and road travel. Maybe your Interstate is a Road Queen, or King of the Road - or a play on that, call it Roger in honor of that great song's author and singer.

Those aren't great - like I said - OTHERS here might have some good ideas for you - hopefully these help spark something more meaningful for you. It will come to you. Good luck!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 05:28 PM   #134
2 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Thornton , Colorado
Our Flying Cloud 27’FB was a victim of the Spring 2017 mega hail storm that swept through Denver. Consequently our roof looks like a beautiful lunar landscape with several hundred craters of varying diameter. My wife and I have always liked the song “By the Light of the Silvery Moon.” The Airstream hull is a beautiful brushed silver. It all came together under the name “Silvery Moon.”
Yes, we’d prefer to not have a cratered roof, but sometimes you just have to embrace what can’t be changed.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7842.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	396.3 KB
ID:	301482
Silverpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:50 PM   #135
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
I guess I need to be more patient, and let the name come to us, instead of chasing it. So, time will tell.....
Old 12-26-2017, 08:42 PM   #136
Rivet Master

Corona , California
How did everyone come up with names for their trailer?

Ours was named right when we installed a complete Ham Radio system in the AS. “Silver Ham Shack” stuck pretty much instantly.

We won’t consider the amount of cussing it took to pull that off, however. Wanted to keep the name ‘G’ rated[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]
Old 12-26-2017, 10:50 PM   #137
2 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
Delmar , New York
Took three years to come up with a name for our trailer. It came to me one night this fall when I was walking back to the trailer and as usual we had the curtains open and the lights on - The Fish Bowl
kenen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 09:41 AM   #138
2 Rivet Member

2002 30' Classic S/O
Jackson , Mississippi
With 4 kids and upholstery that features monkeys, calling ours the Monkey Barrel just seemed natural. After all, when we’re all on an AS adventure we do indeed have more fun than a, well, you get it. [emoji6]
Slide Out Society #72

Exploring the country in our beloved Monkey Barrel
nomadleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #139
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Beavercreek , Oregon
We have a small farm outside Portland, OR. My wife, a city girl at heart, had been dreaming of a little condo in Portland's trendy downtown Pearl District. What did we name our AS? Pearl of course. Its as close as she'll ever get to that condo while I'm still kickin.
Dave18134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:10 AM   #140

Eagle River , California
We got our first Airsteam 23FB and we are from Eagle River, WI. My wife came up with the name “AIREE” which is a derivative of the word “aerie” which means “the nest of a bird of prey like an eagle or hawk”. It is our very own “eagle nest”.
steve utz is offline   Reply With Quote