Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-08-2022, 08:50 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
Globetrotter Table Wobble

Hi - we just picked up a 2022 Globetrotter and the tables are so wobbly they are unusable - made sure the "O" ring was placed correctly, etc. -

Any advice?
TLHanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 11:35 AM   #2
Globetrotter

2022 27' Globetrotter
Orcutt , California
Hi. I didn’t see your post and just posted a similar thread to hopefully draw out some answers. I’m very disappointed in our convertible set up we had a 2018 and was looking forward to the new design. It is VERY poorly thought out. Maybe somebody will post their experience/resolution. The pole and receiver are not tight and the wobble is really really frustrating.
GT27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 03:35 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
Table Wobble Woes

I have the same issue. When taking delivery, I pointed this out to the dealer (Toscano RV in Los Banos, Ca) and told them it was unacceptable. They in turn, had the claims guy (not an AS employee) come out and take pictures of the "double table wobble". He in turn, sent that to AS as a warranty claim.

AS replied they would send out a new table, which of course would takes months. But that did not give me any confidence, because when installed, we would have the same damn problem. It's the poor design!

Fortunately in my case, Toscano RV had a resourceful RV tech named Oscar. He went to Home Depot and purchased these two hinge locks. He then took out both pieces into the shop, attached them, came back and installed the table. Now it is more stable, both pieces act more like one unit.

I will post pictures of Oscar's table fix as soon as I get back out there.
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 Powerboost
BogeyPro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:02 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2022 28' Pottery Barn
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż , California
Similar wobble, but very slight. Then had the giant, heavy, real wood table in our PB crack down the middle.

AS was great with a very quick direct ship to us under warranty to save them a dealer labor ticket reimbursement, and we will ship the old one back to them on their dime.
WellSaid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 01:15 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyPro View Post
I have the same issue. When taking delivery, I pointed this out to the dealer (Toscano RV in Los Banos, Ca) and told them it was unacceptable. They in turn, had the claims guy (not an AS employee) come out and take pictures of the "double table wobble". He in turn, sent that to AS as a warranty claim.

AS replied they would send out a new table, which of course would takes months. But that did not give me any confidence, because when installed, we would have the same damn problem. It's the poor design!

Fortunately in my case, Toscano RV had a resourceful RV tech named Oscar. He went to Home Depot and purchased these two hinge locks. He then took out both pieces into the shop, attached them, came back and installed the table. Now it is more stable, both pieces act more like one unit.

I will post pictures of Oscar's table fix as soon as I get back out there.

Yes,Please. Have a similar issue with a powered table I installed…
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 10:03 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
Talking Table Wobble Solution

I found a solution to the table wobble issue on 2022 Globetrotter
1) Airstream uses ITC-RV table legs. Unfortunately, they use the Redwood model legs that do not have a stabilizing collar on them.
2) Airstream sent me two new Redwood model legs - but they didn't work either.
3) So, I replaced the ITC-RV Redwood legs with the ITC-RV Sequoia III legs (purchased from Camping World for $89.00 each) - the Sequoia legs have a stabilizing collar and now the table works just fine. Note: Did the work myself - no big deal - HOWEVER - a tip - use the original screws that came with the Airstream legs to screw the Sequoia bases down to the floor. The screws Airstream uses for the base are not the same as the screws supplied with the Sequoia or Redwood legs and appear to be made specifically for the trailer floor.
4) My dealer - Woodland Airstream - was terrific. When I told them what I did and how it fixed the problem they reached out to Airstream and was able to get me reimbursed for the purchase price of the Sequoia legs -

I hope this is helpful -

Link to Camping World https://www.campingworld.com/sequoia...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
TLHanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 10:08 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
How does the table perform now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLHanks View Post
I found a solution to the table wobble issue on 2022 Globetrotter
1) Airstream uses ITC-RV table legs. Unfortunately, they use the Redwood model legs that do not have a stabilizing collar on them.
2) Airstream sent me two new Redwood model legs - but they didn't work either.
3) So, I replaced the ITC-RV Redwood legs with the ITC-RV Sequoia III legs (purchased from Camping World for $89.00 each) - the Sequoia legs have a stabilizing collar and now the table works just fine. Note: Did the work myself - no big deal - HOWEVER - a tip - use the original screws that came with the Airstream legs to screw the Sequoia bases down to the floor. The screws Airstream uses for the base are not the same as the screws supplied with the Sequoia or Redwood legs and appear to be made specifically for the trailer floor.
4) My dealer - Woodland Airstream - was terrific. When I told them what I did and how it fixed the problem they reached out to Airstream and was able to get me reimbursed for the purchase price of the Sequoia legs -

I hope this is helpful -

Link to Camping World https://www.campingworld.com/sequoia...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
This is indeed very helpful! How much of a difference did it make? Are those two tables rock solid now? Any chance you could post some pictures?
Old 09-02-2022, 10:27 AM   #8

Currently Looking...
Porterfield , WI
I followed the recommendation

I followed the same recommendation by purchasing the Sequoia legs and swapped them out with the Redwood model that came in the Globetrotter. I can say they improved the amount of wobble - not a perfect fix as there is still a little wobble - but certainly an improvement! Also, Sequoia comes in two different lengths and I just ordered the shorter ones (about 1.5-2” shorter than the redwood legs) inadvertently. Wife and I both love the slightly shorter table top - it seems more “appropriately” sized
WI Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 05:58 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
Sorry I took SO LONG....here are the pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Yes,Please. Have a similar issue with a powered table I installed…
I don't have the product information, but you can find this part in Home Depot. This solution does NOT eliminate the wobble, but is DOES mitigate the wobble to a tolerable amount.
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2023, 08:25 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Table wobble

You want to see a table wobble in a Airstream check out one with a Hatch, if you try to cut a steak it wobbles all over the place.
bzizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 02:59 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Bethlehem , Pennsylvania
For sure, before I modified ours with the new flange it was crazy wobbly.

There's another thread on the Globetrotter forum with information on removing 80-90% of the wobble. See link below. Initially I developed the new flange for the Redwood table leg which is on my trailer (see post 26 in link below). Recently made one for another Airstreamer who owns an earlier GT model (see post #40 in link below). Happy to send anyone all the information on getting one for your trailer. 3D printing is not nearly as onerous as it sounds. I can give you all the information you need to have it printed. And if you have a different table leg, I can tweak the 3D CAD file to fit your application. The design is free, you just need to pay for the printing which can be done at hubs.com for about $90 or at a local maker space if you live in a metro area. (note, I have no affiliation with Hubs.com, a few members have used their 3d printing service and were happy with them)

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f54...-235133-2.html
Merlintiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 06:30 PM   #12
Rivet Master

North AL , Alabama
We only use the forward table. If you want rock solid, zero wobble, the Springfield Marine Pedestal is the solution:

https://nomadicsupply.com/springfiel...estal-1660230/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0430.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	433.7 KB
ID:	437326  
Tyler2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 02:54 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler2you View Post
We only use the forward table. If you want rock solid, zero wobble, the Springfield Marine Pedestal is the solution:

https://nomadicsupply.com/springfiel...estal-1660230/
For $410 it shouldn't wobble
bzizzi is offline   Reply With Quote