Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2018, 08:38 AM   #21
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
Maybe painting your Airstream white would help you blend in with the SOB people...
I think your escape plan has a flaw.
An Airstream has a funny way of attracting attention, wherever you go. This is opposite of what you seek. Grow a moustache, and move to a new town, find a new church!
AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:00 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Find others who have escaped from this "cult" and network with them.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:12 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Houston , Texas
Google, Hiding From The Internet by Michael Bazzell. He also has a great website. Another good book, Hide Your Assets and Disappear by Edmund Pankau
Brentsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:17 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Anna Maria , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNoNomadman View Post
One primary purpose of getting my new Airstream tomorrow (total newbie here) is to escape from a stalker, does anyone have any advice on how not to be found? I'm exhausted and need the recuperative values of travel, camaraderie, and safety.
Stalking is a crime have the person arrested.
I for one couldn't relax for on minute without dealing with such an issue decisively regardless where I would be hiding.
For me getting of the grid means peacefulness and solitude without any anxiety.
franklyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:37 AM   #25
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

If you have enough money to consider an Airstream, you have enough money to get a lawyer involved. From what's been posted so far, it's not clear you have taken this step. There *are* things a good lawyer can do that are not at all obvious to somebody without their training and experience.

A bigger question is - how will you support yourself in the future? If the pile of money is big enough to live off forever .... that's a wonderful thing. For the other 99.9% of us, that's not an option. Whatever you do that will *legally* support yourself, the government gets involved.

Like it or not, your Airstream and tow vehicle need to be registered and have plates on them. You also need insurance. Again, you are right back to links to your identity. You can fudge this or that. When you do, there are all sorts of weird issues possible "down the road".

Stalking is one thing. Being deported is a very different thing. Without getting too political, we are getting into a period of increased activity in this area. If you are traveling with "fudged" identification and run into ICE .... stalking may not be your biggest issue.

Lots of things and lots of reasons to get a lawyer involved *before* you do anything to crazy.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:27 AM   #26
Old Sailor

1983 34' Excella
Victoria , Texas
I was once married to a woman who was hiding from a large international cult. I didn't know that when I married her.

Her parents had been high up in the hierocracy of the cult but had found out the true intentions of the cult and had formed a counter-cult organization and worked to discredit the cult. Needless to say, the cult wasn't happy about that. The counter-cult group set up headquarters in a small European country and her parents moved there.

As it turned out, the ex-wife missed her parents so much that she went to visit them and never returned. I was deeply involved in a large business I had started and couldn’t/didn’t want to leave it for her. After a couple of years being separated I divorced her.

About two years later she and her parents were murdered. I’ve always believed that I would have been a goner also if I had moved to Europe with her. The murderers were never found
A couple of years ago some of the members of the counter-cult organization decided to go public with everything they knew about the “org” and produced a PBS television series about it. I was contacted by them but declined to get involved with their still continuing discrediting efforts.

If this is the same organization, which you should know by my description, be very-very careful in your dealings with them. They are very large and powerful and have strong political help. You need to follow up with the tips others have given here and make plans to disappear now.

Mac
"Mollie Bug" The Boston Terrier
WBCCI #4456 - Born to Cruise
McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:39 AM   #27
Selby

2014 16' Sport
Bexley , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Burfield
You, or someone with the same motive, posted a couple of years ago a similar story. They were also asking about installing multiple locks on the Airstream. Had the same story about a stalker etc.
would not think this forum is relevant in any way to your efforts.
Burfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:50 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thank you, Burfield, and I agree with you.

That the OP states in his very first post his intent to buy an Airstream to go off the grid has launched a discussion of how to hide in plain sight, get away from stalkers, a cult, etc.

It would seem, if the intent is genuine, that a public forum is the last place the OP would want to be discussing plans and options.

Maggie
Old 08-26-2018, 10:51 AM   #29
1977 31' Excella 500

1977 31' Excella 500
Dallas , Texas
Deep South Texas.

A couple of remote places. Del Rio. Uvalde.
Quiet Places. Not a lot of technology. People care more about how you are to them than who you've been. Set up an account 100 miles away and by stuff with cash. Or have family set up account and deposit for you. Outsiders stand out so just be ok and people will accept or ignore you. If people come looking and asking they will ignore the inquisitors. Maybe run them off for you.
Jack Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:20 AM   #30

Scotts Valley , California
The authorities cannot help there hands are tied until He/She/It commits a crime. Restraining orders only piss them off. i have seen to many dead women from the hands of the one who professes there love. You could come and stay at my property but then I would have to give you 24 hour protection with 3 of my old team on rotating shifts and that would be still be no guarantee of safety.

Good Luck
Festa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:21 AM   #31
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Sounds as if ALASKA is calling your name.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 12:11 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Cool Here I thought this was about getting off the grid (ie power etc)

I was not expecting this kind of post here. But as a fellow that is still serving in the military . . . .

There are three components to think about. Defence (all the things the folks here are recommending), Offence (a well trained GSD or two alleviates any of the enemy's offensive capability and provides you with that capability should they show up) and Intelligence (the best way to combat stalkers is to find them before they find you). Tracking, hunting and finding is a resource intensive operation and once found, the resource bill goes up even higher depending on the will of the folks looking for you. Best way to deter this effort permanently is to take that will away - by being slightly more thank prickly. You have a right to live free and defend that freedom - so do it. The lawyer is a great suggestion - just in case - but make sure they know that. Movement and ease of movement are all covered off here - but there should also be some offensive actions - like laying traps for the lookers. Deterrence is more than hiding well - it is a well executed campaign to win.

Now I really wanted to find some airstreamers who wanted to chat about a power budget, solar and AC versus DC products. LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	National Parks.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	320895  
Kristof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #33
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Anyone who posts that a cult is stalking them on a public forum and they bought a very noticeable trailer and even tells us the type of tow vehicle they have, either is putting us on or needs a lot more help than we can give.

Have you contacted the district attorney, the FBI, the state or DC attorney general? How about the DC member of the congress? Because law enforcement knows that a group is far more dangerous than an individual, that fact may get some attention at higher levels. If you hire a lawyer, sometimes a lawyer knows how to get the attention of the authorities.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:50 PM   #34
1 Rivet Member

1990 34' Excella
Dorchester , America
Send a message via Skype™ to rjgmt1
I'm certainly no expert but I think it would depend on who is looking for you. With technology today it would be tough to not be found if someone had the resources and will. Best Wishes
rjgmt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:01 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Manchester , New Hampshire
Fica

If your really being stocked the Fed will permit you to change your social security number, that is step 1.
Steven62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:16 PM   #36

Crane , Texas
Bad thing is you just told the whole internet what you are doing and why. There are better ways of finding out this kind of information other than posting it online! If you are trying to be careful, you don't post on a public forum. If that is what is really going on with you.
Janiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #37
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
Me thinks weve been had...
AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:32 PM   #38
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Q?

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 08-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #39
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Manhattan Beach , California
I assume you’re just joking. On the outside chance that you’re serious, a large, shiny aluminum trailer may not be your best choice for remaining undercover.
Face your troublemakers head on so you can get on with your life.
Also, don’t park next to me!
donkuhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:00 PM   #40
1 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Fullerton , California
That was my first thought. Way too unique if you want to hide.
kitpumpum is offline   Reply With Quote