Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #41
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGetaways View Post
Yes it's a dangerous world, but sometimes perception outpaces reality. Violent crime has been decreasing in the US for decades now.

Be aware of your surroundings, keep your door locked at night, and enjoy the great, safe country we live in. It's not Armageddon out there.
You're absolutely right. And something your graph doesn't really emphasize is that violent crime is overwhelmingly an inner city problem. So if you don't camp in high-crime areas your odds of needing to defend yourself (against humans, anyway) are small.

Although not zero. . .

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/...dy-143746.html
Old 04-11-2017, 06:19 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
If you read them thru, this is what you find...

"Discussions about politics, weaponry and religion are permitted only in association with the topic of this forum and will be closed or removed if they become disruptive."
So.... except for those of you who are opposed to others enjoying the discussion within the boundaries of "the rules"... this subject is a valid one, and only becomes disruptive intentionally by those who want to interject ham sandwiches and other unrelated argument. Why don't the folks who don't want to discuss Airstreaming w/guns simply ...don't... and go visit another thread about sandwiches, etc.?, ...thereby politely complying with the very rules which are designed to encourage friendly discussion. It is the naysayers...not the gun crowd...who make this a tasteless discussion.

How would SeaLevel, BoldAdventure, and avionstream feel if participants looked up the topics those three find interesting and hijack and ridicule their interests with meaningless, off-topic drivel?
Old 04-11-2017, 06:28 PM   #43
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
For me it's not the gun discussion, it's the repetition. Topîc comes up periodically, no one uses the search function. Same as for hitches, tvs,etc. I guess I need to not read those threads.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Reading the rules is like reading the software license agreement.
In the end,you ignore everything and click "I agree"
When this horse dies dismount.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.It's OK if you disagree with me.I can't force you to be right.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:33 PM   #45
3 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
I reject your view of reality and substitute my own.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:40 PM   #46
1 Rivet Member

2015 25' International
Williamsburg , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Sorry, this question has nothing at all to do with whether you are traveling in an Airstream or any other SOB camper. It's "camping and guns", a general topic that should be discussed in some other camping and guns forum. It has nothing in particular to do with Airstreaming.

What really peeves me about every one of these threads is that they are always started by someone "new" to the forum who only had a few posts here before starting a discussion about guns and camping. It feels a bit like we're all being trolled. In this case, the OP only ever had 7 posts before dropping this gem in here.

Guilty as charged! I am new to all of this and should have been more careful. Lord, haven't even picked up my new AS yet and already getting people pissed off. I guess there really are "dumb" questions for newbies to ask.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:46 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
Protection from what? Zee Germans? Zombies? Martians? We're safer than we've ever been, for crying out loud.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:47 PM   #48
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny.bowers View Post
Guilty as charged! I am new to all of this and should have been more careful. Lord, haven't even picked up my new AS yet and already getting people pissed off. I guess there really are "dumb" questions for newbies to ask.
I kind of over-reacted, glad to see that you are a real genuine new member. Welcome to the forums! We really are glad you are here. When you pick up your new Airstream, please do post some pictures and share your adventures.

Oh, and read the forum rules, haha.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:49 PM   #49
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB International
2016 26' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Welcome to the Airstream community, Sonny. There are no dumb questions. Don't let the giants of the forum throw shade on your enthusiasm. If you have any questions on this particular topic, don't hesitate to contact me via message.

Enjoy your rig and we'll see you down the road.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:53 PM   #50
1 Rivet Member

2015 25' International
Williamsburg , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezinalong View Post
Welcome to the Airstream community, Sonny. There are no dumb questions. Don't let the giants of the forum throw shade on your enthusiasm. If you have any questions on this particular topic, don't hesitate to contact me via message.

Enjoy your rig and we'll see you down the road.

Thanks for the encouragement
Old 04-11-2017, 06:55 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
[QUOTE=sonny.bowers;1935022]Guilty as charged! I am new to all of this and should have been more careful. Lord, haven't even picked up my new AS yet and already getting people pissed off. I guess there really are "dumb" questions for newbies to ask.[/QUOT

WELCOME to the Airforums.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit,Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:59 PM   #52
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Quote:
@sonny.bowers

Starting a thread on guns is like starting a thread asking what tow vehicle would be good to tow a 27' AS trailer; we have the minivan/SUV crowd, the 1/2 ton crowd, the 3/4, 1 ton crowd and the Peterbuilt crowd.

God forbid you should tow a 34' with a Honda Odyssey....right andreasduess?

You will learn that opinions are like a$$holes, as they all have one but think each others stink. Forums are like that.

Just stay away from guns and TV's and you are good; or even better, buy a Classic motorhome and a 16" Kukri like me; no guns or TV.

It's all good mate. Welcome to the insanity.
Cheers
Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Old 04-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #53
3 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
I keep six honest serving-men
They taught me all I knew;
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:06 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
Forgive me sonny.bowers,welcome to the forum. I forgot my manners on the other post. The only dumb question, is the one not asked. I have yet to read the rules, and one of my threads showed it. Even a rivet master can drop a ''gem''. Your heart is in the right place. Congrats on your trailer. On your first trip, when someone asks about your Airstream...try not to smile Google ''Non-lethal force airforums'' for a safer, or legal way to protect oneself. Again welcome to the family Sonny. Can somebody put that link in this thread for our newest member? Thanks Gregg
Old 04-11-2017, 08:24 PM   #55
3 Rivet Member

Francisco , Indiana
Sonny you ask a legitimate question. As a newbie it is hard to know what has been discussed on here. The search function on this forum kind of sucks anyway.
I just don't read threads I am not interested in like solar and the never ending tire up grade threads nobody gets their panties in wad over them but they are so repetitious.
Welcome to the forum a lot of great info here and some amusing entertainment at times.
Hickory
Old 04-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
For me it's not the discussion, it's the repetition. Topîc comes up periodically, no one uses the search function. Same as for hitches, tvs,etc. I guess I need to not read those threads.
Then you must really hate hitch threads and 16" tire threads!
Old 04-11-2017, 08:36 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
I'm sorry for all the confusion on "The rules of the Forum" I have learned something new after about 10 years on the forum. When viewing, I have usually stopped when I got to the ads at the bottom of the page and missed the rules

SUGGESTIONS: Move the "Community Rules" to a tab at the TOP of the forum rather than at the far bottom of the page

mj
Old 04-11-2017, 08:37 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
For me it's not the discussion, it's the repetition. Topîc comes up periodically, no one uses the search function. Same as for hitches, tvs,etc. I guess I need to not read those threads.

BTW, I find better success with the search function if I go straight to "Go Advanced", then put one word in the text box, and check "Search titles only".
Old 04-12-2017, 12:19 AM   #59
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
The thread is titled FIREARM. If you you don't want to read about firearms, don't open it.

As far as repeat topics go, there would be precious few new topics here if the same old thing wasn't rehashed over and over (and sometimes over).

It's a valid topic as evidenced by the above tragedy.

Carry on (pun intended).
Old 04-12-2017, 03:47 AM   #60
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
If you read my whole comment you will see I do. Also please don't modify my posts when quoting it, you did it twice.
Closed Thread