Old 04-21-2015, 02:52 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Ended up getting the Sea Eagle Fasttrack 385 Deluxe package. Allows two to paddle or remove one seat and move the other to the center for solo. Main chambers fill to 3.2lbs and the drop stich floor can be inflated up to 14lbs. I filled to 10psi. Very stable. I'll wait for warmer weather to try to stand on it. I'm going out May 15th and will try to remember to take photos. Purchased from inflatableboats4less. Slightly cheaper than purchasing from Sea Eagle directly.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:58 PM   #22
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
Ended up getting the Sea Eagle Fasttrack 385 Deluxe package. Allows two to paddle or remove one seat and move the other to the center for solo. Main chambers fill to 3.2lbs and the drop stich floor can be inflated up to 14lbs. I filled to 10psi. Very stable.
Good choice. Even as clumsy as I am, I haven't managed to tip mine over. But I don't stand up in it, either.

Handy hint, get a square cushion throwable PFD, and slip it under the seat to give yourself a couple extra inches of height. Makes reaching your paddle over those 10" diameter side tubes a little bit easier.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:37 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
We tried our Sea Eagle Fasttrack 385 on the Niangua River in Missouri this past weekend, our first river adventure with this inflatable. We tried rowing without the skeg attached and found the kayak was uncontrollable with the two of us paddling. Every time we got a little speed going the kayak would make a sudden turn which we couldn't correct with the paddles. The bow inflatable keel may be the cause. We paddled back the 100 yards to attach the skeg and it was much better. However it kept dragging the bottom in shallows. A flat bottom canoe or kayak would've gone over the majority of the shallows so we had to get out to drag the kayak to deeper water. Unless the river is deep enough I wouldn't recommend this boat for rivers. We did manage to tip over once when we hit a larger tree and my wife over reacted and tried to push off with her leg. I tried to warn her not to do it but too late. Using the kayak on a lake is more pleasant but as long as its warm. A cold water lake would be unpleasant.

Kelvin
Old 10-04-2016, 10:57 AM   #24
explorer

Currently Looking...
On the Road Full Time , Utah
we used to review outdoor gear, and the sea eagles are hands down our favorite inflatable boats (SUPs, Kayaks, & Canoes). Great choice on the fast track. We took ours on a 60 mile trip in Moab, UT for one of the best trips of our lives.

explore more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:54 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
Latest RV times email is highlighting an inflatable called the Scout. Anyone have any experience with this one?

George
gandttimes is offline   Reply With Quote