Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Arlington , Virginia
Unhappy Bedding Sizes? Sources?

I'm looking for bedding for my 2005 28' International. I've manually measured out the goucho, dinette bed, and short queen (the easiest), but am having trouble finding a website that sells sheet sets in the correct sizes.

For example, I don't believe the Airstream store allows you to simply enter your AS model informatoin and then it automatically populates a list of the correct sheets. There doesn't even seem to be an index for the goucho and dinette bed sizes by AS model year, either.

Puzzled!

Any advice? Including on quality bed sheet suppliers out there that know Airstream sizes?

Thanks

Jim
Airstream Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
LL2
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Spokane , Washington
We are currently outfitting a 23 FB with the short queen. I was planning on buying a regular set of queen sheets and shortening the length by 5" by sewing a 2 1/2" seam towards the bottom. Any better ideas?
Thanks!
LL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2000 25' Excella
Northern , California
This outfit may be able to help. I believe that this is the firm that I spoke with back when we bought the fitted sheets for our AS twin back several years ago. At one time, I believe they were the supplier to Airstream, and may be still for all I know.

Custom Recreational Specialties
Kamiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
We have rear "twin" beds in our AS. However, they are not the same size as what is generally considered to be a twin size, ie, 42" wide by 75" long. Our twins are 35" wide by 78" long and feature a curved corner.

AS does sell bedding at Jackson Center, but I'm not going to spend $200 on a set of sheets for each bed.

Having picked up a 40-year old Elna Lotus sewing machine at an estate auction for $25, I decided to make my own sheets and mattress covers, all with the guidance of an old friend who does a lot of sewing & quilting as my wife has never learned or wanted to use a sewing machine.

For the sheets, I bought queen fitted sheets at Walmart - got the percale cotton sheets for about $20, and followed the instructions I found on the internet Sew Your Own Fitted Sheets

The results are pretty good first time around. For the next sheet I do, I'll take the time to properly lay it out and mark the darts instead of playing dressmaker.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
ablifestyles.net

I purchased bedding (both sheets and mattress pad) designed to fit my Airstream mattress (queen with rounded bottom corners) from ablifestyles.net. Their website has a section dedicated to bedding designed to fit the many different sizes and shapes of Airstream mattresses. Quality is good and price is considerably less than for the bedding sold on the the Airstream.com store website. Shipping is generally free as well.
sunnygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 22' Sport
Plano , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
I purchased bedding (both sheets and mattress pad) designed to fit my Airstream mattress (queen with rounded bottom corners) from ablifestyles.net. Their website has a section dedicated to bedding designed to fit the many different sizes and shapes of Airstream mattresses. Quality is good and price is considerably less than for the bedding sold on the the Airstream.com store website. Shipping is generally free as well.
I recently purchased sheets and mattress pads for our twin beds in our FC 25FB from AB Lifestyles. This is my second time to use them. They are outstanding company. I am very pleased with my purchase. They fit great and were so much cheaper than the Airstream store.
Deb Trimble is offline   Reply With Quote