Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #81
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
New to RVing so many dumb questions. I officially am a resident of South Dakota but I actually live in La Paz, Mexico although my home state is California. I think I would like to join the Club but really don't know which one to join. At some point I would like to do some of these rallies. Any suggestions? Does joining any Club automatically make you a member of the Wally Club along with an official number?
graysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #82
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by graysailor View Post
New to RVing so many dumb questions. I officially am a resident of South Dakota but I actually live in La Paz, Mexico although my home state is California. I think I would like to join the Club but really don't know which one to join. At some point I would like to do some of these rallies. Any suggestions? Does joining any Club automatically make you a member of the Wally Club along with an official number?
Good question. If you join any unit of the WBCCI you can attend any rally in any unit. The unit that you join is the unit that you will be able to vote and hold office in, but those are the only restrictions. There are 120+ units in the club and each one is a little or sometimes a lot different. I would suggest a unit that has a strong presents online to keep you better informed. First year membership can be done online and a few units offer renewal online as well. The big red numbers are sent as part of your first year membership.

Membership in the club is based on the calendar year, but if you join after July 1st, your first year membership will be good until the end of the next year. If you join before July, your first year membership would end the end of that calendar year.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #83
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
One item Richard failed to mention is that his unit (The 4CU or Four Corners Unit in the AZ/NM/CO area..) is one of a handful of "fully digitized" units, with e-mailed pdf Directories and Newsletters (Fabulous color productions!!) and the lowest additional costs of any unit in the WBCCI.. <Even less expensive than belonging to NO unit..>. They don't do a lot of organizational meetings or meetings in restaurants for lunches (at least that we can see..), but do get out and use their Airstreams and have a good time..

The 4CU has members in more than 20 states, great rallies across the southwestern US, and full eligibility to participate in any other WBCCI Rally or caravan... Look for their website for information on how to join...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #84
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by graysailor View Post
Thanks for your inquiries, and welcome, graysailor, as a brand new member of the 4CU/WBCCI! We are pleased that you have decided to join the ranks of our group of happy campers! We look forwrad to meeting you at our rallies soon!

Condoluminum is right ... we are digital, and don't have restaurant meetings ... we just go camping together! And just for the record, the 4CU has 210 member rigs (including 83 affiliates - members from other WBCCI units who also want to be associated with the 4CU) from the US & Canada, representing 27 states and 151 cities. We're pleased you are now a part of this dynamic gang.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #85
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Palestine , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
I'd say it depends on what you're looking for, and what unit of the club you join.

I happened upon a unit that camps pretty much every month, has a great group of laid-back people and always has fun, casual events. I'm certain that we use and enjoy the trailer more because of our membership in the Heart of Texas Camping Unit than we would just on our own. Closer to you (but not really "close") is the Four Corners Unit, which seems from attending an event with them and meeting some of their members in other settings like it's very much like Heart of Texas.

We've also had good fun times at every AIRForums event we've attended.

If you prefer quiet communing with nature to social interaction, you may prefer traveling on your own. I recommend trying some of the AIRForums rallies or looking for something 4CU is doing that you can attend and just trying it out. And if you're ever in Texas, join us for an events with HoTCU.
I like your thinking. Sometimes alone, sometimes with others. Take your choice. It's all out there for you if you are open to it. I've met a few life-long friends while traveling alone.

Will
"Don't follow me.
I've made a life of leading folks astray."
Will_Brule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #86
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Did you relocate to SO CAl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstephens View Post
No doubt "starting over" would face a tremendous inertia. It's not easy to do. Right now I don't think most new buyers are joining WBCCI. Meaning the non-W population is growing faster than the W population. Given that there are numerous benefits to a organized club, there will no doubt be a point where the inertia can be overcome. I hope so!
And, if so, did you hook up with some of our laid back WBCCI units that focus on fun, friendship and camping......of all things?

Sure hope so.........we are members of several units and find we enjoy the unit rallies and the Aluma rallies put on by Rich Luhr...........and we do lots of solo stuff as well......you are welcome to join us (Central Coast California unit).......we normally rally about the Central Coast but sometimes we go south to places like Anza Borrego.......paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote