Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-13-2022, 08:33 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
I have never stayed (nor do I have the desire) at a “Class A Only” facility. I never had an interest in any of the “Airstream Only” facilities either. The first thought that pops into my head when I think about these facilities is: “get over yourself… they’re all RVs”. My philosophy now and in the past is that I prefer to camp with recreational or seasonal campers. I’m generally not interested in camping next to someone in a big rig that lives there full time.

We’re meeting some friends for our RV trek up to Alaska in the summer of 2023. They’ll be driving their Class C that is on a Ford F350 platform. Definitely not a Super C. I think the Super C rigs are usually on a heavy truck chassis like Freightliner. I don’t know where things like the F450 or larger stand in this classification.

I know that Newmar makes Class A rigs and Super C rigs, and all seem to be welcome in the owner’s clubs, in the community, etc. They don’t seem to make a distinction.

I’ve already begun working on my list of mods to the Newmar, just as I did with the Airstream. I don’t have quite as many (yet) as I did with the Airstream, but I’ve got plenty to keep me busy. I just ordered a DuraFaucet sprayer hose to replace the outdoor shower. I just added a TST TPMS system and I need to connect and mount the repeater. I’ve got a few more little tweaks planned.

In my opinion, the little tweaks and modifications are one of the gratifying parts of RV ownership, regardless of which type you own. I’m really looking forward to our first extended trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton in May.
May as you likely know, is still somewhat "iffy" both Teton and Yellowstone...but, I am sure you will comfortable in your Newmar for sure. We don't get to Star Valley until June 1 and sometimes that is still pretty cool for couple weeks. Nice visiting the park's at this time however for animal viewing!
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 08:46 AM   #42
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Yup, it can definitely be cold in May. Or it could be 75° and gorgeous. We’re going in late May and I’m hoping for the latter! We’re generally the type of people who prefer cooler weather when camping.

Past:
Airstream International Serenity 23FB
Newmar Ventana 3715
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 09:50 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
Yup, it can definitely be cold in May. Or it could be 75° and gorgeous. We’re going in late May and I’m hoping for the latter! We’re generally the type of people who prefer cooler weather when camping.
Do you know where your going to park yet? Need any ideas PM me.
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is online now   Reply With Quote