Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2021, 08:14 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Palm Springs , CA
Question Airstream Atlas Vs. Winnebago Navion 24 D

My partner and I decided on ordering an Airstream Atlas. They are so well made and so beautiful. Suddenly my partner has started to look at the Winnebago 24 D. Could someone come up with a list that would help me convince my partner to spend the extra $80,000 to $90,000 on the Atlas.

Here is what he sees are the advantages of the Navion 24D.

1. It's cheaper. Though we can afford an Atlas. And both are built on the Mercedes Sprinter van chassis and both are diesel.

2. The floor plan in the Navion is larger with an almost full length slide out instead of one in the Atlas that slides out only for the Murphy bed. Both have a Murphy bed by the way.

3. The Navion has both a gas burner and an induction cooktop.

4. The Navion Fridge is residential and larger.

I find the above advantages for the Navion unconvincing due to the inherent quality found in the Atlas being so much better than the Navion. But is it $80,000 better. So, I need some more specific points of comparison as to why an Atlas would make for a better RV purchase.

Can someone help please.

Thank you.
Cityprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:37 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1969 18' Caravel
Greenville , whereEverIroam
Have you seen and closely inspected both? Basing whatever decision you make solely on paper specs, especially for a product this complex and expensive is likely to be a regrettable one. See if you can test drive each and note the weight and balance and handling and maneuverability of each one. Operate all the major systems and note how smoothly each works, examine the quality of construction and the comparable level of appointments, materials and design.

And it is also important that both of you go into this with an open mind and to check any preconceived notion’s you may have. In the end, remember that the vehicle is a means and not an end and focus on the experiences the vehicle will allow you to share together.
skyguyscott is offline   Reply With Quote