Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2021, 06:56 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2023 27' Globetrotter
Winder , Georgia
25RBT Thread

We bought our International 25RBT last November. So far we are really enjoying it. I know the Rear Bed option is not quite as popular as the Front Beds but there are still a lot out there. And I know a lot of folks in this size trailer go with twin beds for space purposes and storage. We did.
I have not run into a situation yet where I wish we had front beds. I know the big consideration is the view from the back, and I’m sure eventually we will be at a campsite where we wish we did but for now it’s been perfectly fine.
Our likes:
Larger bathroom and the bathroom window. I’m 6’-1” so that angled toilet just didn’t work.
In this plan we get the convection microwave AND the propane oven.
The outside storage under the twin beds is not hindered by the propane tanks
Beds in the rear typically mean quieter at night in some cases.
Lighter tongue weight. This mattered when we had our F150 but we recently traded to a F250 so really that’s not an issue anymore.
Dislikes.
That stupid noisy refrigerator fan!! I think I have a fix for that though. Stay tuned.
Lose a little space in the lounge but so far hasn’t been a big deal. I’ll trade that for bathroom space.

Really we haven’t done any mods yet. Just wore out my Amazon account with various camping gizmos and gadgets.

So let’s hear about your 25RBT. What do you like, not like, favorite mods, etc.
any do-overs?

Favorite trips in your 25RBT??? Post pics of you like
Bcc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 07:51 PM   #2
BigBlu

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Geneva , Illinois
Great post! We just took delivery of a 2021 Flying Cloud RBT. To be honest, we were really vacillating between a FBQ and a RBQ. In addition, we were giving a lot of thought to the rear hatch. I agree with all your points...

What really helped us was to see the actual setup. RBT give us the sense of an additional room with useable floor space and more accessible outside storage. After seeing that, for us, it was an easy decision. A real shoutout to our sales rep, Erik. He could of sold us up, but instead, he approached it from a more practical viewpoint. We were ordering so we had complete flexibility of setup...rear hatch, International, FC or GT. To each his/her/their own, and for us, Erik helped us make the right decision.
BigBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 07:57 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
Our previous AS was a 25 RBT.
We were unfortunate to be involved in an accident and decided to trade vs deal with repairs. (This was 2 years ago)
We had a big family trip planned so didn't want to wait on an order. We purchased a 27 FBT at that time.

We really really prefer the beds in the back of the trailer. It was so much more private for sleeping. We like to camp and sleep with windows open. The back bedroom means that your bed is backing up to the lake or stream or woods. With the front bed your bed is by the road and your neighbors. Much more common to have neighboring lights in your face at night and makes it harder to sleep with windows and curtains open.

Aside from that we liked both rigs.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:54 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
We have the FC version. We watched a Colonial video which convinced us it was the right trailer for us. I much rather have room in the bathroom than more lounge area. Besides, we have a SUV and I read about the real world tongue weights of the 25 FB's. I really do not want a bigger truck. My only complaint is, like yours, the refrigerator fan. If you find a solution, please share it.
DCPAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:40 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2023 27' Globetrotter
Winder , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCPAS View Post
We have the FC version. We watched a Colonial video which convinced us it was the right trailer for us. I much rather have room in the bathroom than more lounge area. Besides, we have a SUV and I read about the real world tongue weights of the 25 FB's. I really do not want a bigger truck. My only complaint is, like yours, the refrigerator fan. If you find a solution, please share it.
Another member posted this as a solution to the noisy fan. Says it’s quiet as a mouse and and the screw holes match up. For $20 it’s worth a shot. I’m ordering mine today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2d1aecb8a71c5a
Old 04-26-2021, 12:14 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Another FC 25' RBT Lover!

We love our 2019 FC 25' RBT. We had a 2017 International Serenity 23D as our 1st AS.

Prefer the sleeping in back for several reasons. Bathroom is big plus for us.

Couple of easy Mods. Throw the noisy refrig fan out and replace with couple of quiet running fans. I modified the bracket to hang the 2 new fans on. We flipped the bathroom door around to open towards the rear of the trailer. Super easy. Took maybe 30 minutes. Who wants to look into the bathroom from the front living area!? Installed a nice large square mirror on bathroom wall and moved the little supplied mirror to the left of the towel bar. The mattresses kind of hang over the supplied wood base. I added a strip of 1/2 inch plywood to extend the base out to match the mattress size. Huge difference! Mattress stays in place and doesn't want to roll over at the edge. Easy to do. I disconnected the stupid rain sensors in the Fantastic fans. Man, those things would close up if I even sweated hard in the trailer. Takes about 5 minutes per fan. Of course I added the proper Fantastic Fans Ultrabreeze covers. Takes maybe 20 minutes each to install. I can leave the fans open when it is raining. It has to rain pretty hard and the wind blowing just right to get any water in. Well, that should keep you busy for a bit.

Enjoy your new Airstream. We just brought ours back up to North Carolina from spending the winter in Florida. Your going to love it.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:21 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcc75 View Post
Another member posted this as a solution to the noisy fan. Says it’s quiet as a mouse and and the screw holes match up. For $20 it’s worth a shot. I’m ordering mine today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2d1aecb8a71c5a
Thanks. Aren't there two fans in there?
DCPAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:03 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2022 28' International
Lakewood , Washington
Thanks for the consensus about rear bed sleeping. We have the 28 RBT on order and have not seen the actual model as of yet. We were considering changing to the front bed because it seems like the only demonstration videos (Youtube) are for the FB models. They flip into the 2022 year production in May and our wait time will be late August. The front bed design provides a little bit of a sink extension and some extra cabinet space, however you have to deal with the table at the entrance. It was mentioned that the bathroom receives a little extra space in the 25 for rear bed? Probably doesn't affect anything for the 28. Well, I hope I can remember these mod changes by time I get there.
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:06 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2023 27' Globetrotter
Winder , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCPAS View Post
Thanks. Aren't there two fans in there?
Mine only has 1
Old 04-26-2021, 06:20 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2023 27' Globetrotter
Winder , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
Thanks for the consensus about rear bed sleeping. We have the 28 RBT on order and have not seen the actual model as of yet. We were considering changing to the front bed because it seems like the only demonstration videos (Youtube) are for the FB models. They flip into the 2022 year production in May and our wait time will be late August. The front bed design provides a little bit of a sink extension and some extra cabinet space, however you have to deal with the table at the entrance. It was mentioned that the bathroom receives a little extra space in the 25 for rear bed? Probably doesn't affect anything for the 28. Well, I hope I can remember these mod changes by time I get there.
Congrats on your decision, whatever that may be!!
To my knowledge the 28’ trailers are rear bed only. With those you get the full front lounge and the smaller dinette on the side. To get a front bed you go to the 27’ trailer but you can still get the rear bed in those too. The layout of the 27’s are basically same as the 25’s but you get a bigger closet and pantry. I think the bathroom is the same as the 25’s but I could be wrong on that. Either way though, the baths are definitely a little larger in the rear bed units than the front beds. Hope this helps
Old 06-02-2021, 10:49 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' International
Calgary , Alberta
Is anyone willing to measure the length from the middle of the rear axle to the back of the bumper on their 25RBT (or 25RBQ for that matter)? I'm trying to determine how much rear overhang difference there is compared to our 27FB.

Thanks in advance!
qwertyd10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:55 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Rear overhang measurement

2019 FC 25' RBT.....Distance from the middle of the rear axle (not from the middle of the tandems) to the rear bumper is 104". Hope this helps.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:54 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' International
Calgary , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by uraljohn View Post
2019 FC 25' RBT.....Distance from the middle of the rear axle (not from the middle of the tandems) to the rear bumper is 104". Hope this helps.
Thanks uraljohn - that's exactly what I was looking for. On our 2019 International Signature 27FB it's about 114", so there's approximately 10" additional overhang behind the rear axles.
qwertyd10n is offline   Reply With Quote