Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2018, 12:47 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
1958 18' "Footer"
North Pole , Alaska
Refrigerator acces door options 67 Safari

We are getting into making sure everything is squared away before we replace our inner skin. Just need to figure out something for the refrigerator access hatch and vent. We have replaced our refrigerator (which was non existent when we bought it) and moved it to the other side of the trailer. Here are my options:

1. Take 20 inch hatch from where battery access was and move it to side for fridge, then put smaller hatch that used to be on fridge where batteries now are. I will be using sealed batteries and they will be accessible from the top of the setee.

2. Buy a new hatch from Airstream. Would rather save the $200.

3. Buy a rounded corner Ventline and paint the door to match the aluminum skin. (would rather not have the paint on there).

Another question I have is venting. I can put the top vent in easily enough, but is it generally better to put in the holes going through the floor for the bottom vent, ad get a vented access hatch? If one vents through the floor do you have to duct it down through the bellypan?
badpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote