Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2017, 02:02 AM   #1

1962 26' Overlander
seattle , Washington
Lost Outer Door.

I have a 1962 overlander airstream. When she was being towed on route from CA to WA she lost her outdoor (so the surround, lock and inner mesh still intact). Obviously I was gutted.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
a) try and source complete new door (i'm guessing that will be totally out of my price range if there were one available)
b) just source a new outer panel, or
c) is it possible to have a new panel made?
She is only partially refurbished but for security and exposure to elements I would like to get this resolved. I am new to forums but you all seem to know what you're talking about, so would love any advice or feedback but mainly where do I source from/get parts? I've googled and looked on Ebay for parts in the past.
Hopeful33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:00 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1960 24' Tradewind
Heyfield , Victoria
I have a 60 Tradewind with door in door, it's a fairly simple design, maybe you could have one fabricated? Not sure if mine would hand been the same but happy to send dimensions if needed.
amysemmens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful33 View Post
I have a 1962 overlander airstream. When she was being towed on route from CA to WA she lost her outdoor (so the surround, lock and inner mesh still intact). Obviously I was gutted.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
a) try and source complete new door (i'm guessing that will be totally out of my price range if there were one available)
b) just source a new outer panel, or
c) is it possible to have a new panel made?
She is only partially refurbished but for security and exposure to elements I would like to get this resolved. I am new to forums but you all seem to know what you're talking about, so would love any advice or feedback but mainly where do I source from/get parts? I've googled and looked on Ebay for parts in the past.
Not clear, did you lose the door or the outer skin. A picture of what you have left would help a lot to know what to do.
1950 Spartan
1966 Globetrotter
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote