Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2024, 07:27 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Florence , Alabama
Front End Separation or Not?

I don't have much of any signs of external FES on my 25 FC FBT. A rivet or two may be weak, I can fix that, but inside, the front compartment door frame and the inside mating piece have moved apart. This has been this way for years. I can possibly pull the two pieces together and rivet, but is this an indication of a worse issue? photos attached. Probably 20K miles or more on AS. I pulled the seal back to take picture, I had sealed it some time ago to keep seal in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3513.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	375.4 KB
ID:	442669   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3512.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	297.4 KB
ID:	442670  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3511.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	442671  
Old 04-13-2024, 09:06 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
I don't have much of any signs of external FES on my 25 FC FBT. A rivet or two may be weak, I can fix that, but inside, the front compartment door frame and the inside mating piece have moved apart. This has been this way for years. I can possibly pull the two pieces together and rivet, but is this an indication of a worse issue? photos attached. Probably 20K miles or more on AS. I pulled the seal back to take picture, I had sealed it some time ago to keep seal in place.
Not sure if you have seen this video from Vinnie, but it is a good overview of what happens to the frame/body of the AS and how he repairs them. If you get in touch with him or his crew, they can help you I am sure.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...8&action=click
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 10:45 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Jacksonville , Oregon
I also have a 25' FC FBT & what I found out is the AS recommended way to determine FES is too have someone stand on rear bumper and jump up & down and you watch where your shell meets the frame just below the access door & if the shell moves away from the frame you have FES. It doesn't take a heavy person or a lot of force at the rear to get the AS moving my wife was all it took at 140lbs. I have no popped rivets just 2 very small dimples. My shell moves separate from the frame. So FES repair is needed. Trailer is a 2017 with a over 30K miles on it & I have no idea if the dimples have been there for several years or if it happened months ago.
2link2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 10:14 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2link2 View Post
I also have a 25' FC FBT & what I found out is the AS recommended way to determine FES is too have someone stand on rear bumper and jump up & down and you watch where your shell meets the frame just below the access door & if the shell moves away from the frame you have FES. It doesn't take a heavy person or a lot of force at the rear to get the AS moving my wife was all it took at 140lbs. I have no popped rivets just 2 very small dimples. My shell moves separate from the frame. So FES repair is needed. Trailer is a 2017 with a over 30K miles on it & I have no idea if the dimples have been there for several years or if it happened months ago.
Watch the video with Vinnie!

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...8&action=click
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote