Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Add a storage compartment door to 1976 A/S

My 1976 31' center bath A/S has the a storage compartment on the drivers side in the back that opens under the twin bed. I have a storage door with frame and lock from another 1976 A/S that was for the refrigerator. Little larger than the standard storage door. I am thinking about adding this door on the passenger side in the back that would open under the twin bed on this side. I do not have the original heater vent that used to run under this side so I have a lot of good storage space going to waste. I would need to modify the slide in storage tray from the inside to free up some space as well. But I would still be able to use trays that are not as deep. Since the door is taller in height I would probably place the bottom of the frame at the floor level to make for a good fit. All of my measurements work out and I would not be cutting any side frames that may effect the structure.

Has anyone done anything like this.

Thanks

Don Hardman
1976 31' center bath Sovereign
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote