Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2006, 07:33 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Yakima , Washington
In the driveway foaming at the mouth just waiting for me to hitch-up my truck and go to the April 21-23 Great Northwest Getaway.
AIR 7834 WBCCI 2105/VAC
65glbtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:37 AM   #22
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane
You could go on a camping trip and never leave your own property.
I have...several times

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:38 AM   #23
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Why, what did you hear?

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:39 AM   #24
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
Yesterday: Jackson Center, OH
Today: Iowa City, IA.
Tomorrow: Rapid City, SD
Day after: Wherever I get tired.
ALL RIGHT!!! Somebody using the AS for what it was designed for!

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:01 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
The last 3-1/2 months at some wonderful friend's house in Loveland CO waiting for us to prepare a spot at our new house. But Saturday, he's coming home! Right now just to a concrete pad in our backyard next to the garage...within the next year or so, we will add a cover to protect from sun & the occaisional hail storm. Although our hail is usually pea-sized and soft here in on the west side of town. The shade will also extend our polishing-season

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:03 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Firth , Nebraska
Silverback is about 8 ft from my patio, behind the attached garage. He is plugged in and ready to use for backyard camping. Kinda fun. That's here in MN. a small town and a 1/2 acre. In about 2 mounths , we move to NE to 6.5 acres , very rural but the new house is located in an area with home owner assoc. Nothing can be out . So Silverback will get a bedroom in the new out building I will put up.

Maybe I should put in a pool, there is allready a pond. Then I could say the A/S is the pool changing area?
69 Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:26 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1975 28' Argosy 28
Hopkinsville , Kentucky
The Painted Lady sits in my driveway so I can continue to restore the interior. The city codes in Hopkinsville, KY are'nt to ridiculous yet. . I even installed a 30 amp outlet so I can use her as a guest room when I'm finished.

God Bless and Safe Travels

Keith
Hawk_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:36 AM   #28
Silver Surfer

2005 25' Safari
San Marcos , California
At Southwest Coaches in Irvine, CA getting it's skylight leak and black tank flush fixed. I miss her...
JmesDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:43 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Send a message via Yahoo to draftwomyn21
Where is your AS parked

Howdy,
Silver is parked in the front driveway right now getting a face-lift and if my neighbors complain I'll stop cleaning my horse barn for a few days and really give them something to complain about .
I am having the RV gates in back moved to allow for a greater turning radius (should be done today) and then she'll be in the back yard where we can use her as a guest house when we are not on the road. I don't have sewer, but I have a dedicated 110 just for her. I will be putting a cover over her this next Fall and start the job of polishing her .
Robin out
Old 04-20-2006, 08:45 AM   #30
30' 1999 Excella

Kingwood , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tin Diesel
covered storage

we rent a 14x40 fully enclosed storage with electricity. Its about 20 minutes from the house - we could be closer (5 minutes from house) for an extra $40/month.

We like knowing its out of the elements and that with full enclosure nobody can damage it. Since its fairly new to us, we're still doing numerous minor fixes & upgrades (does that ever stop?), so its kind of a pain to have it gone. Sometimes we'll bring it home for the weekend and not bother to unhook from the TV when we work on it.

We also like having the electric at the storage. We're in Houston, and this allows us to run a dehumidifier in it.

Our neighborhood has rules limiting RVs to 72 hours in the driveway. Fortunately, we live in a cul-de-sac (15 years) and have GREAT neighbors who all think the AS adds class to the place. Probably helps they've all been over for cocktails in it! They said "keep it here, we're the only ones who see it", but we know that by not doing so, we easily get away with having it for a week or two (or three or four) when we're working it. And in any event, we kind of agree with the rules - even tho' we break them all the time .

This summer its going to Colorado - then back home in Sept. We've found a place near Steamboat Springs that will store it inside for $40/month. We'll fly up/back (we both work and can't afford the drive time). The TV (2006 F-250 PS 4x4) is going to stay too. I'll miss both!!!
Tin Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:01 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Ours is in the back yard, about 200' from the house. We have 7 acres and no HOA to worry about. I have water and electric where she sits.

We had guests from Ohio a few weeks ago and they spent 3 days in her, she makes a great guest house. Walk out the door, you'll most likely find two curious horses waiting for treats at the fence line.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:12 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
1979 30' Argosy

Hello all .. Our new to us Argosy is parked about 10- 15 minutes from where we live.. will be pulling all the carpeting out this afternoon and inspecting the floors and taking curtains out and measuring for new ones.. Annie
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:45 AM   #33
4 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Mancos , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to AirstreamGypsy
My baby Gypsy lives in my garage. I built my house based on her. Height of garage door, which part of the house was finished first, etc. She has electric and sewer. When I'm in a really blue mood all I have to do is walk through the kitchen door! She is undergoing a bit of spring cleaning and hopefully a new water tank soon.

Even though I have ten acres and no one can see my house from the road I am not supposed to keep a trailer more than 9 months if it is not stored in a building. Not that that actually had any influence on builing the garage for it. I didn't want it harmed by hail and sun!
My Earthship
AirstreamGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:22 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Side yard...

Here in Silicon Valley, property and land are measured in square feet, not acres... When we bought this house 13 years ago I added requirement to include gated storage area on lot, as we had old SOB trailer and trailerable sailboat and were paying to store both.. Found home owned by toy collector with an extra 15' of lot width. Lot measures 75 x 100, and side yard has front and rear gates, water and electricity, and smooth level concrete pad for Condoluminum that is 30' by 12'... Neighbor on side sees some some sun reflection off top of trailer over 7' fence, but they're renting and we agree not to worry about their dog noise, so all is cool.. Wife delighted trailer doesn't intrude into back yard.

Haven't upgraded to 30A circuit yet, but plan to do that and consider adding portable hot tub behind trailer..

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:43 AM   #35
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Palm Bay , Florida
Fortunately Palm Bay Florida has few rules and they do allow us to keep our AS in the side/back yard as long as the tongue doesn't protrude forward of the frontmost portion of the house. I have this fantastic neighbor who had a property line fence that came out even with the front of his house and I could't make the swing to back up into my side yard. I mentioned the problem to him and he was more than happy to move the fence back to be even with the back corner of his house. Now I can keep it next to the house. The space I have to back into is 10 feet wide so one of the first things I learned to do was back the trailer up.

Good neighbors are hard to find. We are very fortunate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20030220 (7).jpg
Views:	118
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	20666  
www.facebook.com/FloridaStateRally
WBCCI Florida Unit 027 Trustee
https://www.airstream-adventures.com/...rida_Unit.html
WBCCI #6782
31' 78 Airstream Excella 500
2001 Ford Excursion V-10
Reese hitch and dual cam sway control
startrekker2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:05 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty's Dad

My REAL fear is this midwestern city is HAIL. Next year, we've got to
1) Come up with an effective cover for storm conditions OR
2) Locate covered storage somehwere OR
3) Build a new garage
Ours is tucked in close to the garage with cement pads under the wheels and tongue. Living outside of town there are no parking restrictions concerning what happens on your own property.
Unfortunatly building a shelter or expanding the garage would bring us too close to the property line.
Last year we had a micro burst come through here taking down 30 inch oaks and maples. Last week there was golf ball sized hail a mile north of us.
Unfortunatly inside storage is miles away and cost prohibitive. I guess we all have to make some sort of trade off to have our "babies" so close.
Tom.

Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:42 PM   #37
1 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
1963 19' Globetrotter
Graham , Texas
In the backyard. She is to become the pool house, mother-in-law house,grandkids playhouse,overnight guest house. Can't wait until she is travel ready and we can become the guest wherever we go....
hantri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:59 PM   #38
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Plugged in ready to go on our 3rd trip of the year!!!
We are going to a little rally for our Shenandoah Valley of Virginia Unit

We leave Friday am!!
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:12 PM   #39
Antiquepedaler

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Laramie , Wyoming
Both our and our son's 19 footers are in a 10 X 40 berth inside a pole barn 3 miles from the house and with 110 service. $500 a year for the berth this year, an crossing fingers about next year.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:37 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
In covered storage just ten minutes away while we take the Vette out this weekend to Hot Springs, Arkansas for a Corvette weekend gathering up in the hills. Next stop for the Airstream...Big Bend National Park and surrounding area.