Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2022, 09:27 PM   #1

2022 27' Globetrotter
Iredell , Texas
We're All In!

We are brand new Airstreamers, and first time RV'ers as well (if you don't count a '67 VW Campmobile split windshield bus I owned, traveled and lived in for awhile during my hippie days in the early 70's!). We now live in north central TX on acreage, retiring very soon, and are making travel plans for the coming year(s). Our first few trips planned are practice runs to local state parks within an hours drive, then off to the TX coast for a few weeks this spring. Having fun filling the '22 Globetrotter 27 FB with essentials getting her ready to roll!
Thanks for having us, and we're hopeful we can lean on our new tribe for advice and support. Don't be shy with your experience, and Be Safe!
jaydbrown3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:51 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2022 28' Pottery Barn
Las Vegas , Nevada
Welcome to the family, please share your joy as well as frustrations. I’m in the same boat, just bought my brand new ‘22 pottery barn edition and full time in it. Although, I’m no where near my retirement, still in my early 30s.
davydliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:53 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Haubstadt , Indiana
Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydbrown3 View Post
We are brand new Airstreamers, and first time RV'ers as well (if you don't count a '67 VW Campmobile split windshield bus I owned, traveled and lived in for awhile during my hippie days in the early 70's!). We now live in north central TX on acreage, retiring very soon, and are making travel plans for the coming year(s). Our first few trips planned are practice runs to local state parks within an hours drive, then off to the TX coast for a few weeks this spring. Having fun filling the '22 Globetrotter 27 FB with essentials getting her ready to roll!
Thanks for having us, and we're hopeful we can lean on our new tribe for advice and support. Don't be shy with your experience, and Be Safe!
Enjoy your new trailer. Keep in mind you have a rolling earthquake as you go down the road. Take nothing for granted and be very curious about all of your Airstream parts. Many problems that arise will have simple solutions, so don’t panic too soon. Take it slow and enjoy your travels.
Ron
Ron Glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:56 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' International
Ft. Pierce , Florida
Congrats on the trailer and the soon-to-be retirement. Sounds like you’re doing things just right. We bought ours at retirement and have enjoyed the many miles and experiences it’s provided. The forum provided a lot of good information for us. With that said, I can’t let your post go without asking (wondering and hoping) that you still have the ‘67?!! Please say you do. My wife had a ‘65 that we had to sell in 82 and have regretted it many times. Safe Travels
FLCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 06:24 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' International
Fredericksburg , Texas
Congrats and welcome to the forum.
TexasVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 06:35 AM   #6

2022 27' Globetrotter
Iredell , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCoast View Post
Congrats on the trailer and the soon-to-be retirement. Sounds like you’re doing things just right. We bought ours at retirement and have enjoyed the many miles and experiences it’s provided. The forum provided a lot of good information for us. With that said, I can’t let your post go without asking (wondering and hoping) that you still have the ‘67?!! Please say you do. My wife had a ‘65 that we had to sell in 82 and have regretted it many times. Safe Travels
Regretfully I sold the VW Bus about the same time you sold yours. LOVED that rig and the adventures it brought! I can still see the kids waving good-bye out the back window as the new family drove away. Talk about holding their value... I'm thinking it's nearly worth now the same as the AS cost!
jaydbrown3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 07:07 AM   #7
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydbrown3 View Post
Welcome!

This is a great group of very helpful people. If you need anything, just ask!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote