Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2005, 11:19 AM   #21
Craftsman

I'm sure someone on the forum ( myself included) would purchase the book for you and mail it to you. Just send the necessary funds. I can take my copy to the post office to get aprice on trhe shipping.

Jack
Old 08-18-2005, 02:06 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Joshua Tree , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by micsupply
i ordered mine minutes after airstream sent me an email announcing availability. it showed up two days later. this weekend i was reading through it for the umteenth time and the binding let go. the pages separated from the spine and all the pages fell in my lap.

i spoke with airstream on monday and they said some of the binding were defective and i wasn't the first to call. they assured me UPS would be here to pick up the broken book and they let me upgrade to the limited addition as long as i paid the difference.

i think the bad bindings are what may be holding up availability.

--dave

'78 excella 500
'93 excella 1000
I too, ordered mine as soon as I got the Airstream newsletter announcing its release. I knew they'd go fast. I debated whether to get the $99 one, but settled on the 'regular' one. Airstream didn't mention the extra goodies that come with that one - besides the aluminum sleeve - otherwise, I'd have sprung for it. I just found out a few days ago. Maybe we can get the CD separately?

Anyway, about this binding business
Is there anyway to tell if one has one that is going to fall apart, or is it all the first editions that are prone to it?

From a collector's standpoint, one could assume that these will end up more collectable, providing you can keep them together. Maybe I'll spring for an Aluminum clad one, and put the other one away.

Would it be wrong of us to point out inconsistencies? On page 137 it says the picture was taken in Ohio. Funny, it looks identical to the proving grounds between Needles, CA and Kingman, AZ - definitely desert.

Something that fascinated me was how many times coach #83 turned up in the caravan pictures. That trailer must have circumnavigated the globe at least twice!

If anyone has already started a thread on this kind of thing somewhere else, let me know. I'd like to see what others have noticed, 'between the lines'!
mtpalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 02:41 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Airstream is taking care of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
Bummer. I'll be contacting Airstream for a replacement copy.

I need to hang on to the copy I have until after the Region One Rally next week as I want to show some of the attendees their pictures that have been published in the book. I wanted them to sign their photos too, oh well.
I emailed the Airstream Online store about my problem with the binding failing on my Wanderlust book and received a return email in less than an hour. They are sending UPS to pick it up and will send out a replacemnet as soon as they receive my defective book.

This is great customer service, so I just purchased two more copies of the book for Christmas gifts.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:52 PM   #24
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
On its way back

UPS just now picked mine up. It hadn't come totally apart, but it was well on its way. For the price, the book shouldn't feel like it will fall apart every time you pick it up. The only thing holding it together were the blue sheets inside the hardcovers and they were slowly tearing away from the covers.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote