Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 09:06 AM   #1
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Unnecessary Attacks

TO: All moderators and Forum members

SUBJECT: Attacks

Please be advised that I no longer wish to tolerate the personal and business attacks, all too many times, that have been posted in this Forum, by one individual.

They are unnecessary, uncalled for and are designed to antagonized at best, and, come from a member that does not own an Airstream. Yet he criticizes, demeans, demands answers, and if not provided to his wish and whim, he attacks.

Perhaps his Airstream knowledge and expertise has surpassed mine, at least in his opinion.

Therefore, Mr. HEX, you have the floor.
Goodluck, you will need it.

I will set back and observe your technical postings.

For the other members of this Forum, you can e-mail me direct, and I will be happy to answer your questions the best that I can.

It is indeed, sad, that the other members of this forum will not share with those questions and answers.

We can all thank "HEX" for that.

For the other members, it was nice.

Andy
inlandrv.com
airstreamparts.com
airstreamcandy.com
Old 12-16-2002, 10:02 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Un-called for

Andy,

I'm sorry for the actions of HEX. A loose cannon at best.
Keep up your communications and advice, I appreciate all you have to offer.

Ciao, Brian
Old 12-16-2002, 10:08 AM   #3
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Hex rides again

Sometimes, I think HEX works for a Rival RV company.

I cant count the times I have read where Hex has bashed or criticized Airstream or characteristics of Airstream or members advice, questions, dealers, etc....

It gets really old!

There is a thing called "Tact" but it is true that there are those who will do or say anything to be in the spotlight.

HEX, Get an Airstream! (Some call an Airstream a Life)

Old 12-16-2002, 11:38 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Diana Langley
Well, Andy, I'm sorry that it has come to this, but I can't say that I blame you.

As a newcomer to the world of Airstreams I really do value your input and experience on this forum and I'm sure others do too. I hate to see one person take that away. Every forum I'm on seems to have one troll in the bunch.
"HEX" does seem to have an axe to grind. Too bad he has to take it out on others on this forum.
At least we only have to deal with him here. Imagine how he treats the other people in his life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-16-2002, 01:11 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs down Final vote

Andy
For the record, I wish to state that, given a choice, I'd rather see your name on here anyday. I count it a positive learning experience every single time, that I've read your comments posted.
Andy, I want you to know just how much you're valued by your peers, as a "living trust" of Airstream wisdom.

Hex:I can only offer to you, what has been said so simply, and eloquently by another member.."Get an Airstream".
ciao
Attached Images

NEU #64
New England Unit
Old 12-16-2002, 01:51 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Andy- we have appreciated your input here and I am sorry you have been harassed. In the name of freedom of speech we have given Hex plenty of latitude.

It's too bad that a non-owner seems to be as negatively opinionated as he is regarding the Airsteam brand.

This is not to imply that one must own an Airstream to post here. We welcome all members to participate in this exchange of ideas.
Its the constant badgering that gets in the way of the learning we all are here for.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:07 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
Andy,

I haven't been with the forum long enough to really know everything that has gone on between you and hex but fully understand your reasons for not wanting to put up with the B.S. any longer.
Yes, I do believe you can be a bit pious, opinionated and impatient but you do this stuff for a living, you don't have the time or the need to get into pissin' contests day in and day out.

I will miss your posts and wish you the happiest of holidays,

Chas
Old 12-16-2002, 03:10 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

My first post

I am new to this forum. Just signed up today to respond to this thread. My husband and I have been studying this and other RV discussion groups for many months. We are considering many options 90% sold on a Vintage Airstream.

Web TV is currently our only portal to the web/net. Your forum is difficult to use on WebTv. Maybe a real computer is next, though Von has no interest in owning one. I use them at libraries when we are working on the road.
This is one of the best Airstream sites and Andy and Hex are two of your best and our favorite posters along with a few others.

I read it all and I have no idea of any attacks. Could some of you who have tasted blood in the water and jumped in please cite what has been out of line? This is reminding me a little too much of what is happening to Trent Lott. Everyone anxious to make his suicide their homocide.

What I see in Hex and Andy are two very strong and opinionated people who have the nerve to speak their minds honestly.
Andy is the former factory guy with all the answers and most of the parts!
He also has the thinnest skin!

Hex is the guy who asks great questions which help all us prospects immensely.
He also has the best sense of humor on the whole forum.

We are hoping Andy gets over his tantrum and stays. We love his stuff always.

We are also hoping Hex never changes. We love his stuff too.

Maybe what we have here is two guys who neither take any guff without firing back.
Neither who will back up. Or is it much ado over nothing?

Now since when does a contributor here need to own an Airstream? We do not yet. Are we welcome here?

Von and I look forward to getting an Airstream. I look forward to getting a computer so I can more easily join you here.
ALL of you.

Sue Earle
Old 12-16-2002, 03:22 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Andy! Andy! Andy!

Bro,

I know Hex has been riding your ass and I don't know why. You know what a valuable source of information you are to this Forum. How about maintaining contact with the "Airstream Owners" ? Any negative comments, just blow them off and don't reply!!!

Think about it- John
Old 12-16-2002, 03:37 PM   #10
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Sue&Von

Welcome to the forum.

In any large group of folks, there will be a flash of tempers now and again. I respect Andy's expertise, although I have disagreed with him on occasion. I have also found a lot of good quesions from hex. The moderators are watching the situation closely.

Let's hope this will blow over, Andy will continue to provide his expertise on older units, and hex will avoid stirring up hornet nests.
WBCCI #9632
Old 12-16-2002, 06:20 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

I must admit I am at a loss for words. I try to keep up with what goes on by reading every day - and I have not come across what you are describing as bashing by HEX (have I missed something?). Or perhaps I am not understanding what HEX is saying (some things he says I take as some type of weird sense of humor - I haven't taken them to be directed at anyone or intentionally hurtful - that is inexcusable).

I am truly sorry for the distress HEX has caused for Andy at Inland RV. Andy - your advice is truly invaluable to this forum and I must admit what you say (in my opinion) I take as the Airstream "gospel" truth. So it makes me feel bad that you are trying to help others here and someone doesn't appreciate that.

What is going on here? "Can't we all just get along?" This forum is a place to go for comraderie and for information - not to be attacked or abused.
Closed Thread