Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2020, 08:23 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Girard , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specsalot View Post

Don't wait too long or stress too much over decisionmaking. You will grow into your choice.
This might be the best advice I've gotten yet :-)

Jim
jameskuzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:08 AM   #22
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
We have the 25 front BR GT twin. We traded our 23FB. It’s night and day, as far as interior room is concerned. We also lucked out and found a used 2020. It was less than the new 2019 Flying Clouds we were looking at. They are out there. The person that originally bought ours decided to go with the rear hatch model. I believe it’s a 27FC.
We really like the GT interior. The twin makes it seem much larger. I didn’t and don’t want to go larger due to our preferences for National and State parks, National Forest Service CGs that are often tight. Even for the 23 when we had it.
Try to find a used one..

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:18 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Girard , Ohio
The 25 may just be the sweet spot for us in terms of length.

I don't have a strong preference for FB or RB in terms of where the bedroom is located, but I do like the larger bath with window in the RB, plus the ability to have both the gas oven and the microwave. We prefer the twin layout to the queen both for interior space and for the significant bump in exterior storage you get with a 25RBT. We also want to avoid a 3/4 ton tow vehicle. A 1/2 ton with the right configuration and payload package will easily handle the tongue weight of a 25RB, but a 25FB with the second A/C and some stuff in the front storage makes it too heavy.

But alas, there is no 25RB *anything* in the Globetrotter - just the 25FB - but the Flying Cloud is hardly low-rent.

That said, a FC25RBT is a bit of a unicorn. We'd want the second A/C, awnings, and factory solar (if for no other reason than to have AGM batteries - we're not going the lead acid route). Between Colonial, Airstream DFW, Airstream Adventures NW (all of their locations), and Haydocy, my closest dealer, there is exactly ONE that checks all of the boxes. Seems the 25FB is much more popular, and for whatever reason, the dealers order most of the 25RBs with queens.

Jim
Old 03-19-2020, 08:18 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
You know there are some thoughts about rear bed vs front bed. We have a rear bed and have never mind the front living space. Some people like the rear living space because typically you reverse into a spot and the best view is out the back. While the front is usually where the truck gets parked and as a result you view.

Just something else to think about.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:37 AM   #25
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
90% of the time we back into a spot. The best view is almost always out the back. Our Bambi from years ago had a front dinette we could see our vehicle, and people walking by our campsite. I prefer the view out the back.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:44 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Litchfield Park , Arizona
We got a 2019 27 FBQ Globetrotter and lived in it for a year. We had Ultimate Airtreams do a bunch of work last summer and while they had it for almost a month and a half we had use of their 2019 25 FBT Flying Cloud loaner. We did not care for the FC. It was OK for the time so we could keep camping, but we really missed the fit and finish and upgraded components of the Globetrotter.

Steve
stevejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:41 PM   #27
1 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
Franklin , Tennessee
Love my 2020 27 FB GT

I too looked at the various models for months, back and forth on price vs desire, and am so happy I spent the few extra bucks for the Globetrotter. The fit/finish and design is outstanding. Like others have posted, it’s my opinion that if you settle for less AS than you really want the first time, you will end up spending more money long run trading up in a year or two to get what you really want. And, as others have noted, now would seem to be a good time to haggle with the dealer over price. I got a heck of a deal back on my GT back in January, a good bit off MSRP, by checking another dealer’s prices. They will get aggressive on price with they aren’t moving many units.
jself979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:42 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Sweet! They have loaners while they do work on your trailer? That’s what is holding me back from modifying what we want. We full time and don’t want to rent a house for a month if we choose to do work.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:52 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
New Milford , Pennsylvania
As someone said. Buy your third rv first. We bought a 2019 GT 25 new in June last year. Tried to get the DW to go to 27 or Classic 30. Nope, too big. Just got back from two months in Florida and traded the GT for a nice used 30 Classic. Of course, the Classic now sits in the barn waiting fo the "All Clear"
AKmtnpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:45 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

2021 27' International
Camas , Washington
Cool GT are nice, but you can get most options on International

thought we loved the GT, rushed out to see the new 27FBT. loved the layout and storage, decided back to back, liked the international better, signature best. we have a mid century modern home, love the retro look, just us.
we have a 2017 FC23FB, love it, pull it with a 2002 Range Rover, fits our old school retro look. and the international fits that style as well.
the FC23 is a great intro to AS from our 42' Holiday Rambler. wouldn't worry about trading up, you need to live with them to know what you don't know and what you can and cannot live with.
i do like the small size, fits our minimalism attitude, easy to pull and fits about anywhere.
we are looking and won't pass up a great deal on an international 27FBT. better flooring and you don't have to store cushions
enjoy.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:06 AM   #31

2020 23' Globetrotter
Chagrin Falls , Ohio
Spend time in it

We bought a 2020 GT 23 feet Twin. I wanted the twin and we wanted the shorter trailer. We have a VW Touareg diesel that tows 7,700, so we could have gone bigger. We are snowbirds and spend 3-4 months a year living in it. My husband works online, so he spends several hours a day at the table. We cook all our meals (rarely eat out).
But I don’t know how you spend your time in an AS.
I agree that you need to spend time in different models and see how they feel. I dragged my husband to every dealership we passed on the road and sat in at least 50 different AS. We also toured the factory in Ohio.
I met folks with the 25 and they did not like the split bathroom. Some said it was harder to heat/cool the larger ones (I don’t have any personal experience with this.)
I met folks trading up in size and down in size. It really depends on what you feel comfortable in since you don’t have a tow vehicle yet.
We are in Cleveland, OH. If you want to see ours let me know.
Good luck!
Murray
TheMayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 06:00 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Litchfield Park , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSxyWhtGuy View Post
Sweet! They have loaners while they do work on your trailer? That’s what is holding me back from modifying what we want. We full time and don’t want to rent a house for a month if we choose to do work.
I don't know what they do now or normally. I think the loaner we got was part of a special promotion.

Steve
stevejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:01 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Girard , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMayos View Post
We bought a 2020 GT 23 feet Twin. I wanted the twin and we wanted the shorter trailer. We have a VW Touareg diesel that tows 7,700, so we could have gone bigger. We are snowbirds and spend 3-4 months a year living in it. My husband works online, so he spends several hours a day at the table. We cook all our meals (rarely eat out).
But I don’t know how you spend your time in an AS.
I agree that you need to spend time in different models and see how they feel. I dragged my husband to every dealership we passed on the road and sat in at least 50 different AS. We also toured the factory in Ohio.
I met folks with the 25 and they did not like the split bathroom. Some said it was harder to heat/cool the larger ones (I don’t have any personal experience with this.)
I met folks trading up in size and down in size. It really depends on what you feel comfortable in since you don’t have a tow vehicle yet.
We are in Cleveland, OH. If you want to see ours let me know.
Good luck!
Murray
Murray - Thanks for the reply and the invitation. Once we've navigated the "stay at home" order and can safely socialize, we would absolutely love to take you up on that kind offer.

My spouse and I both have remote computer-based jobs. We do manage to work from our T@B 400 but it's snug for more than a day or two, and so having a larger workspace - even if that means a roomier dinette and larger table - is an important consideration. In nice weather, he typically sets up on the dinette and I put up the E-Z up over the picnic table and work outside. It all works just fine, but I can't see easily and comfortably doing it for a week or two at a time.

I've been inside a 25' before and it would give us plenty of workspace plus the L lounge for some place to park it other than the dinette. My biggest concern about the 23 - which I've never actually seen in person - is that the dinette and the loss of six inches in interior width and two feet in interior length would make it feel too small.

If we were planning to use it purely for recreation, we'd be spending most of our time outdoors as we do when we take vacation time to camp. But this trailer would serve as a mobile office for two 8 hours a day as well.

Jim