Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2005, 09:49 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Wink The Best Airstream in the World

It's still winter here in New Boston, New Hampshire so "The Tube" is still in her bed inside our barn. My husband opened "her" barn door today so that he could get the plow out as we are getting another major snow storm tonight and I got to peek at her from the house waiting in the barn for spring and more camping fun. Our Airstream is not vintage and it is not new, it is a 1993 Excella that needs exterior work and some minor upgrades to her interior. But to us she is the best Airstream in the world and we have spent many happy days traveling with my folks (my Parents gifted her to us when they upgraded to a 2001 Airstream Motorhome) and camping with the WBCCI New England Unit and with other non Airstream family and friends.

New England cabin fever is now is full swing, I'm hoping we will be in mud season before the end of April so that "The Tube" can escape from her winter home and begin this year's camping adventures.....

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 05:26 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Talking

Good day neighbor! Well kinda, we live over near the coast. The New England winter does not seem to want to let go this year. Keep repeating summer's commin! We've been working on our '75 as time and weatehr condition allows. Mostly done, so we picked up a '76 Argosy to play with. Happy Camping!
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 06:34 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Now I know why I love the south, when you said plow I said to myself isn't it a little early to be plowing in New Hampshire, its still a few weeks away here. I have a 94 and there is always something else that could be done for "Silverbell", but she is mine and paid for so when I look at the 2005's she looks better all the time. I think we are all ready for Spring.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 07:36 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
It will be around 80 here today and I will not be able to stay in the house. Winter is supposed to come back the middle of next week, but this weekend is all Argosy weather. I'm deep in repainting some exterior trim and gas bottles today. The weather is so nice I can't even go inside "Harvey" and do all the things that need done in there. My coach is certainly "old", a 1978 24ft Argosy, but he's in pretty good shape for his age. Wish I could say the same for me. Some Mondays, after a full weekend of renovation, I can hardly get out of bed to go to work. I know I have to go to work because I have to buy "stuff" to put on the Argosy. Judy
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 07:41 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
. I have a 94 and there is always something else that could be done for "Silverbell", but she is mine and paid for so when I look at the 2005's she looks better all the time. I think we are all ready for Spring.
We have a '67 and SO TRUE there is always something that needs to be done. So far, we're lucky.. I only need mid cabin curtains and we need to change the front gaucho lights from the new brass ones to the original ones, which the PO kept for us.

And we have MICE! EEEKKK!

I can't look at any '05 Airstreams, there are none around, BUT I wouldn't trade Luna for anything new that I have seen around, be it only in SOBs .

Besides being paid for, she's WONDERFUL.
flamingo-kid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 07:55 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by balrgn
Good day neighbor! Well kinda, we live over near the coast. The New England winter does not seem to want to let go this year. Keep repeating summer's commin! We've been working on our '75 as time and weatehr condition allows. Mostly done, so we picked up a '76 Argosy to play with. Happy Camping!

Hi neighbor!

I follow your progress on your 75 via your website, it's looking great! My husband will be refinishing our shower pan in the same manner you did yours. We were both very impressed with your results. I hope you will post pictures of your Agrosy restoration for all of us to enjoy (I wonder if I'm becoming a balrgn groupie?).

Old 03-12-2005, 08:30 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
The progress on the White Pearl will be slower going, but I'll be posting pics as I go, not to worry. Thanks for the compliment! We too are New England WBCCI members
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
Old 03-12-2005, 10:21 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2001 30' Excella
Bedford , New Hampshire
New England Unit

I would like to know how two people living in NH wound up in the New England Unit and not the White Mountain Unit. Vern, "53flyingcloud" and myself are both in the White Mountain Unit and probably live directly between New Boston and the Seacoast.

Just a question.

Mark
Old 03-12-2005, 10:40 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Exclamation We use to live in (gasp!) Massachusetts

We joined the New England Unit when we lived in Lowell, MA. It's such a great group of folks that we are staying with it.

Old 03-13-2005, 12:37 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjoandall
I would like to know how two people living in NH wound up in the New England Unit and not the White Mountain Unit. Vern, "53flyingcloud" and myself are both in the White Mountain Unit and probably live directly between New Boston and the Seacoast.

Just a question.

Mark
Don't know, got a phone call one day from friend of a friend sayin we should join a unit, next thing the phone rang it was from the NE unit and here we are... Din't know there was 2 units in NE..
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
Old 01-22-2006, 07:18 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Nearly a year has gone by...

And now Balrgn and 53Flyingcloud are part of my inner circle of Airstreaming buddies.

My 93 Excella is still "The Best Airsteam in the World", at least from my point of view. She is at GSM Vehicles, waiting to have her exterior restored. I hope Colin and company understand how important she is, I'm think'n they do....

Old 09-20-2006, 08:51 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Still the best Airstream in the World!

Yes she is!

Sometimes I forget that the best Airstream in the World has chosen us as her guardians. Sometimes I think it's a big pile of work to maintain an "older" Airstream - I'm sure those with vintage rigs are laughing their bums off now thinking we don't even know what maintaining an older Airstream means.

This year after finding water leaks, A/C kicking the bucket, running lights not always working and various other issues besides the need to keep the polish job up I was beginning to think a new rig could be in our future - THEN, something wonderful happened - yesterday I was receiving a delivery (new stove for our tiny vacation home because the old one is 35 years old and has had it) and the delivery guys were dropping the stove off in our barn. I opened the big sliding door next to "The Tube" and the two fellows were stopped in their tracks. They looked at our Airstream and both said at the very same time "Wow! Beautiful'!

And you know, they are right. She is beautiful, and worth all the money and effort we've been putting into her. Thanks Mom and Dad for giving her to us, I expect to retire and travel our great country and Canada with her. Life with an older Airstream is good!

Old 09-21-2006, 12:45 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
it's just like children

They're the best because they're YOURS. Just think how boring life would be with some SOB.

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote