Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2002, 01:01 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Cool Tear Drops !!!!.......

Hi All....
Just been reading my CLASSIC AMERICAN car mag:, and came across this:
EFD. INC:, Has begun to manufacture a modern version of the" TEAR DROP " camping trailer, T D 2. It maintains the looks and dimentions of the original, but with updated fittings and running gear...
...Take care all...Chris.....
Old 07-28-2002, 05:40 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Drops

Yeah, pretty cool but 2 grand worth? I used to play in one of the originals as a kid it made a nice fort .It goes to show you everything thats old is new again.Hip hugger jeans for example. (thank God)
Larry Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 03:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Unhappy Cool..

Hi LARRY....
...Bet U wish U were still playing in it now....lol, must be worth a FORTUNE...funny how we catch certain things the second time around, still, that's life...
Are there any other makes out there, besides Airstream, or do they hold the market for trailers, I know there are a few R/V conversions out there, ( I saw a few in FLA: ), but only saw a couple of A/S's, one was at WDW, of all places....most likely be turned into a POP-CORN hut by now...( I hope NOT )...
Take care now...Chris.....
Old 08-03-2002, 09:17 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

they call it the streak

there is one more brand of yesteryear stream line competitor.Silver streak although I've never came across a silver streak motor home.I also seen some nice Avion trailers .I think the old silver streak trailers have a club statious.But I don't know who was around first.
Old 08-03-2002, 09:20 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
...and don't forget the streamlined deco-era Spartans!

Shari

InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 07:41 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

pics?

I've never seen a spartan other than the drum&bugle corp type. any pics? Thanx L.B.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:21 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Larry ~

Here's my favorite!

A beautiful restoration of a

1946 Spartan Manor

Enjoy!

Shari

InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 09:59 PM   #8
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
Spartan Trailers

Here are a couple more links. Spartan was originally an aircraft company, made trailers after WWII, now an aircraft training school. Very interesting history to read.

Spartan Trailer Coaches

1955 Spartan Restoration

John
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 02:38 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
SORRY GUYS !!!...

Hi Guys...
So sorry, for not replying so soon, I've been so busy looking around this site, I am STILL amazed at what I see, I am NOT too clever on the computor, and I am just spoilt for choice, Yes what great sites, thank you for taking the time to show me those GREAT photo's, realy love them, THANK YOU !!!...I see that a LOT of work goes into every build/ re-build, just thinking on the side here, ...HOW many RIVITS are used on a NEW 32 footer...
( NOT including the ones that got AWAY )...LOL, I guess it's QUITE a few hey guys....Well you ALL take care now, ...Chris.....
Old 08-17-2002, 10:00 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

spartans

Pretty cool pics ,I've noticed that thare are 2 of these trailers in my neiborhood.one is polished up nice and the other is in need of restore. Looks like they are really roomy inside and they have some nice wood work also. J paul Getty (the richest man in the world) before guys like Bill gates came along!.I bet these trailers were a pretty penny even in there day.
Old 08-17-2002, 10:19 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

California teardrop rally

This is a video of a program on PBS we watched last week. For someone interested in teardrops it's quite good. This link is to the place to buy a copy. Since I watched this I have spotted a teardrop in the RV storage area where we park our motorhome, I never noticed it before.

http://www.estoremanager.com/califor...sket.asp?S=kxc
dienst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 09:02 AM   #12
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Re-Streaking....

Hi Guys...
Larry B, ...lol, do U actualy remember that SONG, ???,
can't quite recall who sung it, ( Chuck Berry ...???? )...
Whoever put the names to ALL these wondreful A/S's, I look at the pictures and think, yep !!! that name fits that unit, anyone kn who's JOB it was to get to name the NEW vans...I betcha that Guy NEVER worked on a monday, could be a little upsetting if one's had TOO many "BUDS ", the night b4...lol, instead of the BAMBI...one could end up with the BOGGY, simply because it is SMALL as a portable loo....
Don't get ME wrong here Guys, I aint picking...just adding a little Old English Humour !!!....
I am amazed to understand, that there are NOT so many CLASSIC A/S's on the roads of yous States, and they ARE quite rare, Where DID they all go to ???...Not turned into BURGER-VANS, or pop-corn tubs....
Keep up the GOOD work Guys, and THANK'S
B-Good now...Chris.....
Old 08-18-2002, 02:09 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

not chuck

Sorry Chris .I 'm sure Chuck Berry never did that song I think the same guy did guitarzan and never let a stranger cut your hair his last name was Reed I believe and I want to say Jerry but I'm not sure thats right either.ethel would know for sure.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:49 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Wink Don't LOOK !!!

HI Larry...
Larry...SORRY I'm LOL here...I kinda get a mental picture of ETHAL...and SHE aint looking at his FACE...so I don't think she will reconise him...unless they both share the same nudist beach....lmao...!!!
......Talking of ETHAL, not quite A/S, but CLASSIC just the same...I once bought a GREEN A35 austin VAN, for my pal & I to haul our DISCO stuff around in, and YES it IS true, the lady of the house was named ETHAL so our van '61 ish, was named for us...we had many years of enjoyment , both business and pleasure, but sadly it had seen many years of abuse, as a small holding workhorse...and the rear floor gave way to the tarmac, thus ending our radio careers...LOL....
Gee I sure kick myself for forgetting his name too..., promise you'll NOT tell a soul....I actualy LIKED that record, I found it very funny, and it came out when I was at my STUPID age...well my D/W says, MEN are little boys...in LONGER pants....BLESS HER...
Take care ALL...Chris.....