Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2021, 06:12 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Edgewater , Maryland
Successful Delivery at Colonial

Hi folks,

Wanted to share what an incredible experience we had last weekend taking delivery of our FC 25FB at Colonial in NJ. We arrived Thursday noon and spent two hours with Kevin walking thru every aspect of our new FC. After a brief stop at finance to pay up and get a no pressure offer for a warranty we went out back to the “camping” area where they have 30 amp hook ups for those who wish to stay overnight, which we did. We had a brief overview of the equalizer hitch that I bought and they set up for me, which was great.

While i had checklists up checklists to review every inch of “Luci” that afternoon & evening, we ended up sitting out back in the grass with new friends in the their 25TF GLobetrotter next to us (John & Caroline if your reading this) enjoying the weather and drinks. The lists would have to wait…

The next morning our service manager Christine and service rep Tony came by to talk thru our short list of things to fix; it was actually short, but did take some time, and we were not in a hurry. When it was done we practiced dumping and filling up on fresh water, and drove around the parking lot, practiced parking, and set up the TPMS. We had planned to go to a MD state park on Friday but with solid rain in forecast we opted to stay one more night at Colonial, and cooked dinner and had more drinks with our new found friends again. Good that we did in that we found a short in the hood vent that needed to be replaced. We did try out all of the appliances, and even a sub - 2 min showers for both of us.

After filling fresh water and dumping again (short showers, but over did dinner and clean up) we headed off to the park for a great night with no power, water, etc, our first night boondocking, which is what I always want to do.

Towing with the 2021 Silverado Short Bed 6.2 was a real treat. I’ve towed a 2 ton boat, but with the cameras on the Chevy full tow package and the 6.2 it really was far less stressful than I expected for our 2 hr first trip, straight onto the NJ turnpike/95S on a Saturday afternoon.

So, what I really wanted to share was that we could not think of anything that Colonial could do better than they did - sales, service, finance, owners, etc - it’s rare that I find companies that I can say that about. They are worth the drive, no matter where you are from. Looking forward to retirement soon and spending as much time as possible with Levi (Blue Silverado) and Luci (i prefer sterling, but lost that fight).

Happy Trails,
Greg
Dr. Ohat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Great report . . . thanks . . . Colonial is top notch IMO.

Have fun!

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:35 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2020 23' Flying Cloud
2019 22' Sport
Sebastian , Florida
Congratulations! And kudos to Colonial.
Here’s hoping that your adventures continue to be as trouble free and enjoyable!
GetawA-S is offline   Reply With Quote