Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Good point on the fingerprints Dave, worth checking out. Sorry to hear about your trailer, least you have closure on that, just hope they catch the thief.
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Texas Department of Public Safety - CRS - Secondhand Metals Program

Dave Parks' thread got closed...? ????
Old 09-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
William I HAD a trailer tongue lock on my Airstream but it didn't stop the thief.
If somebody wants to steal your trailer they'll be prepared to cut or knock it loose. They even picked up the pieces. I think the wheel boot is a good idea.
I'm not sure how they got the electric Jack to work as the battery was dead. They took the cover off it and got it to lower somehow..
Old 09-11-2010, 06:56 AM   #64
2 Rivet Member

Hope Valley , Rhode Island
If it's in storage for some time you might think of removing the tires. Hard to steal without tires.

Louis
bizetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:37 AM   #65
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichHog View Post
I'm not sure how they got the electric Jack to work as the battery was dead. They took the cover off it and got it to lower somehow..
My electric jack came with a crank to use it manually.
r carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:23 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Vin # of Stolen Trailer

In case someone is checking or if you have a way to post to local authorities the Vin# is L25T2S2255

at some time they should be looking for parts also since they had to take the Atwood Electric lift cover off and left it behind. And perhaps if they care will try to replace front street side curved window. Andy are you out there?
Old 09-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #67
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
In case someone is checking or if you have a way to post to local authorities the Vin# is L25T2S2255

at some time they should be looking for parts also since they had to take the Atwood Electric lift cover off and left it behind. And perhaps if they care will try to replace front street side curved window. Andy are you out there?
Yes, I am here, well sort of, since I am in Hawaii.

But I have made our office aware of the theft.

We are also making a list of who maybe purchasing or inquiring about that window.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:12 AM   #68
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Here is an updated flyer on the stolen Tradewind with vin# and photo of the electric jack to any who may want to post or send to locals.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf StolenAirstream.pdf (603.3 KB, 128 views)
Old 09-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #69
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Centrally Located , Wish you were here!
Are you helping look - Oklahoma? New Mexico? Any others?

Quote:
16865 are the old numbers. Other distinguishing items; Street side outer front window broken. There was still broken glass on it but they may remove it making it look ok as the inner glass is good. Propane tanks are grey. Awning (grey outer) doesn't roll all the way up cause it's stiff. Tied up with bungee cord at the front. Also since they don't have keys then I'm assuming they would have to improvise a lock or way to tie door down for travel. Standard 70's style lock was on the trailer but they may improvise. Carrier V Air Conditioner on top, new axles.
Quote:

I've aksed Iowa's Airstream dealers to keep their eyes open.
USAdventuresRV, FogdallsRV, ShorewoodRV, and CampingWorld - Fogdall's has already responded.

Please has anyone else contacted their local and favorite dealers?
Old 09-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #70
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Hephzibah , Georgia
After Dave Park's experience, I suggest calling every scrap yard you can find a phone number for and tell them about your situation.
nti06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:58 PM   #71
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Hephzibah , Georgia
do you have a jpeg image of your flyer on a photobucket account or something? Im on a few other forums and would like to post your flyer there too.
nti06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #72
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Jpg

Here ya go:

Click image for larger version

Name:	StolenAirstream.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	110756

Just click on it to enlarge the picture and right click on it to save as jpg.

Gary
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #73
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Nothing new to report, no leads. This one is like one of my favorite movies, the original 1001 Dalmatians. If you remember the family of Dalmatian puppies was stolen in London. Police were clueless in the recovery effort. Owners had their life taken away from them. It took all the dogs in the country to get to work to find those puppies. And they did. Stolen Airstream the same thing. I hope one of the Airstream bloodhounds will spot my trailer where ever she may be. Only Airstreamers keep a close watch out for another trailer on the road like theirs. To anybody else a 72 Tradewind is just a dog with spots.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #74
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Hyde Park Place , Ohio
I feel that like you can fully imagine.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #75
2 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Dallas , Texas
Rich,

I was looking over my thread for my TradeWind, and saw all of your nice posts and pics of your '72. Beautiful pics. Made me so sad for you.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know that is usually said to someone when they have lost a loved one, but I bet you are feeling some of the very same emotions as those. Plus, the added feelings of anger that someone out there did this awful thing to you. It must be a terrible time for you.

Rich, please know you are in my thoughts, and I hope you get some good news soon.

David
ScoobyShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:10 AM   #76
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Unhappy

Thanks David foR the kind words. We're praying the thief will get caught and the trailer will be restored to us. There are so many feelings that go though us. My daughter reminded us of the magnets we had just bought from Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons that were on the fridge now gone. There should be a forum an the site for Stolen Trailers, and Security devices and what to do when it happens.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:40 AM   #77
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
I keep telling them to post an ALUMINUM ALERT, just like a Amber alert...but then -next thing you know there would be a Volkswagon alert, a BMW alert, a PET Alert....my CAR KEYS alert. So these forums are close enough for now. Lots of people looking.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #78
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Have you notified the Tin Can Tourists group? A much broader group of vintage trailer folks who are as anxious about stolen trailers (and parts from) as the Airstreamers. Same goes for Good Sam club.

Just a thought
Old 09-20-2010, 07:22 AM   #79
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Thanks will send them the info on the trailer. Tried to let many of the parts people know in case they try to repair the window.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
No news to update, she's still missing. I suspect Gypsies stole her. Seems to be a group of them here and East Texas. Bout a year and a half back I was called by a man who wanted to buy my dad's SOB trailer for his dad to live in in Beaumont, who he said was a preacher. Long story short they cased out my back lot where my Airstream was also stored. Even offered to buy my Sailboat for more money it was worth. I got conned and sold them my dad's trailer for one third my asking price for cash. I'm pretty sure they climbed over the fence and pryed it open to look inside as the cabinet doors looked rummaged through and the back door had been opened with a screwdriver. After I signed over the title it was minutes and they had that trailer hooked up and out the driveway.
So I thinking they cased out the location and came back some time later to get the prize, the Airstream. I had heard about the Gypsies from a few people, they are trailer people and nomadic. And they are real slick at this. They never came back to buy the sailboat, they guy told me that their friend with the flatbed trailer had been ticketed cause no plates and they had to go bail him out.

Tags
stolen, theft