Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2021, 12:28 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Westport , Washington
Some questions about various units

Today I showed my wife the brochure and a video walkthrough of the Pottery Barn unit. Showed her a video of a Classic also. She went from "Nope I don't want to deal with a RV to lets go look at them." She really like the aesthetics of the Pottery Barn.

I like the looks of the Pottery Barn unit also. Not being able to take physical look at the unit I do have a concern of the size of the bathroom and shower in the unit. I'm not the smallest guy in the world at 6' 1" and 225 pounds.

Of the various units that has my interest I do like the idea of rear sleeping as I assume a lot of your RV sites will be places you back into thus the sleeping area would be further away from the road. If the site is pull through I guess it wouldn't make a difference.

I'm also interested in the Classic versions both 30' and 33'.
She thinks the 30' would be more comfortable with its seating in the forward part of the trailer. She doesn't quite like the looks of the 33's seating thinking if you used the filp-up footrest that it'd be sticking in the way if one of us wanted to go aft to the bathroom. My main reason of liking the 33' version is the size of the shower and bathroom. Supposed to be AS's biggest. Big draw for me.

One question is....people on the forum that have the Classic 33'. Is the seating comfortable? Is it too confined? It'd be just the two of us using the trailer.
Is the seating in the Classic 30' comfortable?

Next question...Bad time to be shopping for an AS as there isn't much if any inventory to look at to get an idea if a unit would fit your needs. Is there a showroom such as at the Mothership Factory that has the various units on display to the public? I'd be willing to travel. Sure don't like the idea of dropping that sort of coin and waiting a bunch of months for the unit to be built without being able to get a look at one physically.

Thanks...Happy there is a AS forum. I participate heavily in a couple of sport fishing forums so really like the formats.
Kimbrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:13 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
I'm 5'9" and we have a 25' Globetrotter. The bathrooms are not huge, but not uncomfortably tight. The shower may be your biggest challenge. Your head will be at the ceiling (I don't recall how much larger the shower was in the classic we looked at). Our area had zero inventory at the local dealer but things might be a bit better now. We just looked thru RV trader and looked at used units to get an idea what we wanted. We were lucky to find the one we bought and we are very happy with it.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM   #3

Austin , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbrey View Post
Today I showed my wife the brochure and a video walkthrough of the Pottery Barn unit. Showed her a video of a Classic also. She went from "Nope I don't want to deal with a RV to lets go look at them." She really like the aesthetics of the Pottery Barn.

I like the looks of the Pottery Barn unit also. Not being able to take physical look at the unit I do have a concern of the size of the bathroom and shower in the unit. I'm not the smallest guy in the world at 6' 1" and 225 pounds.

Of the various units that has my interest I do like the idea of rear sleeping as I assume a lot of your RV sites will be places you back into thus the sleeping area would be further away from the road. If the site is pull through I guess it wouldn't make a difference.

I'm also interested in the Classic versions both 30' and 33'.

She thinks the 30' would be more comfortable with its seating in the forward part of the trailer. She doesn't quite like the looks of the 33's seating thinking if you used the filp-up footrest that it'd be sticking in the way if one of us wanted to go aft to the bathroom. My main reason of liking the 33' version is the size of the shower and bathroom. Supposed to be AS's biggest. Big draw for me.

One question is....people on the forum that have the Classic 33'. Is the seating comfortable? Is it too confined? It'd be just the two of us using the trailer.

Is the seating in the Classic 30' comfortable?

Next question...Bad time to be shopping for an AS as there isn't much if any inventory to look at to get an idea if a unit would fit your needs. Is there a showroom such as at the Mothership Factory that has the various units on display to the public? I'd be willing to travel. Sure don't like the idea of dropping that sort of coin and waiting a bunch of months for the unit to be built without being able to get a look at one physically.

Thanks...Happy there is a AS forum. I participate heavily in a couple of sport fishing forums so really like the formats.

Kimbrey-Ive had the pleasure of owning both a Globetrotter 27FB and a Classic 30. Im not sure if the bathroom setup in the 27FB is similar to the Pottery Barn 28. Our builds are the exact same (Im 61 and weigh 220). Both showers were a little tight, but definitely doable. In fact, I lived full-time in my 27 and the shower never bothered me one bit.

As far as the seating in the Classic 30 goes-it may possibly be the most comfortable seating of any travel trailer Ive been in. The power recliners located in the rear of the trailer are just perfect. I had an opportunity to walk through a Pottery Barn edition, and the sofa in that particular unit is also extraordinarily comfortable. There is no reclining option in the PB, so if youre a put your feet up kind of guy, you may want to consider some sort of ottoman. The interior of the PB edition may be the nicest Ive seen in any Airstream (or any other trailer, for that matter). It has a very airy, comfortable feel.

I thoroughly enjoyed the forward-facing, reclining sofa and dinette layout of the 30. The only reason I sold it is because I needed to downsize as I mostly travel solo.

Hope this helps.
bwomackatx is offline   Reply With Quote