Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2015, 03:23 PM   #21
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Hi there,

We too had jumpy hangers due to the rough Saskatchewan roads. A fellow Airstreamer gave us the idea of using a partially inflated beach ball. Place the ball between the top of the rod and the ceiling of the closet. Haven't had a hanger fall off since.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:30 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Flying Cloud
Greenback , Tennessee
I can understand folks that do not have rear bedrooms have no problem with clothes falling to the floor of the closets. That is not a problem with my mid-ship closet, but I don't see how "unbalanced running gear and over-hitching" can be the sole cause of this happening in the closets located at the extreme rear of my 30' AS. Any dips or humps in the road are magnified significantly in the rear of the trailer. I have ordered the hangers AWCHIEF mentioned. Thanks.

Richard
Gneiss Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:10 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
1961 24' Tradewind
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by bredlo View Post
Anybody ever seen these? Snap on hangers, apparently an exclusive item to the Wally Byam catalog back in the 1960s.

They're so clever ~ it's a simple wire hanger with an extra nub that lets you snap them onto the bar so they can't hop off on bumpy roads. We own a half dozen, which came with our '62 GlobeTrotter... but would love to find another dozen or so. I've found no references to them online, so far.
We had the metal, real Airstream versions when I was growing up. I wonder if Dad got them with/for his '66, then kept them for his '72 and '85. I will check to see if he still has them. I recognize them clear as day, though!