Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2015, 10:13 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Mountain Home , Arkansas
Secure Storage

My wife and I are owners of a 2014 FC 20 and are considering using her for a small cabin in rural North Central Arkansas. My question is, having several guns both long and short as well as fishing equipment, what is the best storage area?
Flyflicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Every one has their secret spots. Do some exploring and you will find what works for you.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:38 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Wink

I would not trust any location unless the items are also secured with a heavy duty safe of some sort, and that's contrary to the weight savings we all need/want.... but....

...have you looked at that thin carpeted floor of your wardrobe and, using a thin blade, lifted up the wardrobe floor? (Not sure you have anything similar to the wardrobe in the 22' Sport models...but thought I'd mention it.)

A "decoy" is also an idea perhaps worth exploring. (The immigrant travelling across the W. Texas prairie that stole the 30-30 in the remote ranch house is in for a bit of a surprise when he finds out the firing pin is too short to reach the primer and is an obsolete part. I bought it at a junk yard for a wall-hanger/decoy. The thief stopped looking after he found it and completely missed the gun collection beneath the false floor of the cabinet....but NCIS now has the serial number in case he's discovered with it.)

(This decoy idea is a trick I learned from an old Naval Aviator, Will Kilgore, on a trip with him to Mexico back in the '70's. He always carried a wad of $1 bills in his pocket, which appeared to be a lot of money but was less than $20 total. He recommended I do the same and it seemed like a good idea... and 15 years later actually paid off.
While crossing the bridge back to El Paso I came across a young lady who was struggling with a group of young hoodlums trying to take her purse from her. It was beginning to look ugly. I got their attention by throwing the wad
of one$ to the wind and shouting at her to run-across the bridge with me.
It worked. The group all dashed after and fought over the scattering one$ and she and I got across to the U.S. side without further trouble.
Old Navy Guys don't get old by being stoopid.)
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:23 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Lower Alabama , USA
Boxite, great idea on the decoys and the money!

Air #64439
Southeastern Camping Unit WBCCI #5033
Alphonse is offline   Reply With Quote