Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2021, 02:21 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Pala , California
Same Day Service?

Hi,

Is there anywhere from CA to Texas to NM to CO that offers same day service work?

Seems every place I've called says I have to make an appt for drop off and they get to actually diagnosing in a week or two. Another couple weeks to get warranty approved and IF parts available then another appt.!

I simply want to buy the parts (a fan motor for AC) and pay them to install on my dime.

I've even said make the appt 3 months out and schedule me for that afternoon of December 1st and they say it doesn't work like that! It's a minimum of 10 days they will have the AS!

Hopefully I'm simply calling the wrong places....

Thanks!

Trav
TravisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 02:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
You might try a mobile RV repair service.
DCPAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 03:42 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Elbert , CO
The Windish dealership in Fountain, CO took our GT in to replace a dented panel and called us to come get it two days later. My guess is they might be able to swap out a motor in one day if you explain your situation to them. They seemed to be a very reasonable lot!
djb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 03:57 PM   #4

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCPAS View Post
You might try a mobile RV repair service.
I know when I was down in Destin Fl, there was a mobile service that passed through the Emerald Coast Campground (Now known as Top Sail) once a week. That's who did the initial evaluation of my air conditioner. As it ended up they suggested my problem could be fixed by operational changes rather than replacing parts. It failed again and I drove to the to the repair facility and after talking to them there, they decided my problem was a faulty thermostat and gave me a replacement one (same type and brand). I replaced it myself and the problem went away.

That entire episode was in 1998 and my trailer (SOB) was under warranty and the air conditioner (DuoTherm) was still under warranty. However I'm wondering in this day and age if there are even servicers out there still doing mobile repairs in a mobile mode.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote