Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Indian Harbor Beach , Florida
Sad day in our house...

After much soul searching, we have recently sold our Airstream. Belle is now the proud owner of a couple of newbies from Ohio.
Health situation forces our sale, but nothing that may not be rectified in a year or so. We just couldn't let the girl sit and not enjoy being on the road. We have met so many wonderful people during our adventures and hopefully we may show up at a rally somewhere close (Georgia?) just to say hi and get a whiff of all that aluminum.
BUT, I can't give up reading the forum daily, its been too much of a routine to stop now.
We made the right decision for Belle, nothing more sad than a Airstream sitting somewhere not getting loving attention.
She has a great new family that I hope will post a picture or two of how they made her their own.
We will be on the road again and hope to reconnect with all those wonderful people who have aluminum in their blood.
Andi, Jim
Tank and Roxy
kidsgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
sad that you had to make that tough decision, but I hope that in a couple of years you'll be streaming again. Come o the stone mountain rally at th end of April in ga, you will be very welcome! Once an airstreamer, always an airstreamer!
Skatiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Folsom , California
Oh! Sorry to hear of having to find a good home. Hope your health gets better and your looking in the classifieds for a new adventure soon!
JodyoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
I'm sad to hear too, that you were in that position. But above all, I sure hope your health improves steadily and completely so you can hit the roads again. Take care and I'll see you here on the forums!
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Sorry to hear of the health issues, and that you had to let your silver baby go.

Hope health improves steadily and you are back soon doing what you love most.

Maggie
Old 03-15-2012, 07:12 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Currently Looking...
Cruisin , Wisconsin
Hope things get better for you, I can't imagine life without the airstream anymore and we haven't even camped in it yet!

https://tinman54.blogspot.com/
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f228...tml#post616014
tinman54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
I hope things improve for you and aluminum will be in your life again soon.

You made me feel guilty for not getting ours out more often, but they know they're loved!

See you on the forums!

Vivian
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1992 21' Sovereign
Albuquerque , New Mexico
We purchased our Airstream from a couple who had purchased it as their wedding present to each other. He developed kidney problems and other health issues and their (now our) Airstream had sat for years. They were very sad to see it go, but felt it was going to a good home.

Fast forward 2 1/2 years. We returned last night from a trip to Tucson. Visited fellow Airstreamers and enjoyed having our home away from home. We are able to get out about every 3 months, and have several trips planned for this year.

Hopefully your Belle is out on the road and their new owners love it as much as we love ours. Oh yes, our Airstream has new axles (and a host of other stuff). Sitting is hard on these babies.
barbara4rb is offline   Reply With Quote