Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2018, 04:31 PM   #1
RosieTheRiveted

2017 30' Classic
Tucson , Arizona
RV Park near Ft. Myers, Fla. for Dec/Jan

I've been searching for an RV park near Ft. Myers, Fla., for Dec. 30-Jan. 5 without success. It looks like everything is booked unless I am willing to spend a month. Any suggestions?
cniccum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:48 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Seminole Campground.

http://www.seminolecampground.com/

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:44 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
I have a similar problem in most all of Florida that time of year. The "seasonals" come and take up a lot of spots. I was in a park last week where they were urging the month to month and week to week tenants to move out so the seasonals (aka snowbirds) with reservations would have spots when they start arriving in late October and November. A lot of reservations are done a year in advance.

The easiest way to find a spot is go somewhere far out. No not "far out" in the 70's sense but one not so close to all the stuff. Not the RV "resort".
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:26 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
S.W. Florida in Season

I lived in Naples, FL full time for 13 years and owned a home there for 24 years. Most people that rent out there home or condo during high season require at least a 2 month stay, Some require 3 month. RV parks are no different. Usually reservations are made a year in advance. The nicest parks fill up fast. So, If you do find a short term spot for this December, spend some time looking around at some RV parks that would be acceptable to you and secure a spot for next season. I never rented my home out for less than full season (3 months) and many years had 4 or 5 month rentals. That is just the economics of it. Hope you are not shocked by the price. Back in the 1990's, I was renting out for $3000.00 per month. Expensive place to live. That is one reason among some others that we moved to western North Carolina 4 years ago when we retired. Good luck with your search.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 06:17 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Fort Myers RV Resort?

Does anyone have any experience with "Fort Myers RV resort"? We are looking for RV parks to spend about 30 days in Jan-Feb timeframe. I hate to just pick one without a personal reference. Thanks
petermday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 07:14 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
We stay at sun outdoors parks. You can call their main line and they can help you find a park in that area and then you can look at the website to make sure you like it.

You’re looking for holiday time during peak season in FL so you may have to bend the knee and take what you can get

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote