Prospective AS owner with questions
I am interested in buying an older AS trailer to restore and use as a base for hunting and fishing for my wife. I am thinking that a 22-24 ft unit would be the right size. I have looked at the vintage airstream photo archive and have several basic questions. Not neccessarily in any order.
1. When did the bathroom move from the front to the rear? Any advantage to location?
2. Which models had twin beds? Would like to leave two beds "made up" and not have to convert the eating area into beds.
3. Does the model name indicate a level of trim or just a different floor layout?
4. What is the head room inside? I am 6'2".
5. Is belly pan sealed against rodents entering. Saw pix of upper shock mount protruding into belly pan.
6. When did the dura torque axle start? No shock, right?
7. When did the hyraformed corners start. Would seem easier/less costly to replace flat panels.
Thanks in advance for any help.