Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2018, 01:47 PM   #1
Mbp

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Center Sandwich , New Hampshire
Private full hookup parking spots

Hello everyone!
I’ve owned my Flying Cloud 26 for about six months now, and have been travelling across the country.

Does anyone know of any good resources that might list contacts for people that have a full hookup rv parking spot for rent at their private residences/farms/etc.?
I’m currently in the Bay Area of San Francisco and looking for a good place to park that doesn’t break the bank. If there is a similar database of places like this nationwide, that’d be very welcome as well!

Thanks for any help you can give!
Mbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbp View Post
Hello everyone!
I’ve owned my Flying Cloud 26 for about six months now, and have been travelling across the country.

Does anyone know of any good resources that might list contacts for people that have a full hookup rv parking spot for rent at their private residences/farms/etc.?
I’m currently in the Bay Area of San Francisco and looking for a good place to park that doesn’t break the bank. If there is a similar database of places like this nationwide, that’d be very welcome as well!

Thanks for any help you can give!
Welcome! Well, there is a "secret" list of AS folks who will "provide" access to short parking stays at their private residences and/or property..but I can't tell you anymore.

Think you need to join the WBCC secret society to get access LOL...we have seen "the list" and actually used it couple times last year. Short of that, your living in a very expensive state, as you know, unless you have land access...it can cost more to park then to purchase a new AS on credit!
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:29 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Monona , Wisconsin
camping site options

Its called Harvest Hosts. Its an App that will cost $40/year. Lists all member participants with directions , type of facility, capacity, contact information . Farms, winery's, orchards ect. Google it up.

Greg Anderson
Wisconsin
gdanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:07 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I believe Harvest Hosts offer dry camping only, tho, from what I understand, and you are expected to stay only one night.

I’ve never heard of a list of people with “full hookup rv parking spots for rent at their private residences/farms/etc”

Maggie
Old 01-24-2018, 08:15 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Monona , Wisconsin
Yes, that is correct. Dry camping and only one night.
gdanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:13 PM   #6
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
That is a tough one. Kind of depends on what "does not break the bank" means to you. A price of $40 a night is good for the bay area, but horrible for a lot of other places. The following may help.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/...an-170916.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f459...ea-155560.html

The Laguna Seca Rec area is not bad if you are that far South for part of your stay.

There was park over on the Penninsula (S of SF) that was recomended, but I could not find the reference. Might search a bit and find it. Showed up recently in a similar request for info.

Good luck with your search. Pat

Edit adds:

Sonoma County Fairgrounds RV Park - PA park ~ $20
Kit Fox RV Park, Patterson - PA park ~ $23
Flag City, Lodi off I5 - PA park ~ $30

The state parks are about $40
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:16 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
NW Oregon in a nice spot , Oregon
Try the Alameda County Fairgrounds. Not SF, but still the Bay area and near a BART station. Winter so no fair activities, we stayed there and was adequate, near a Safeway for good grocery shopping. This is what we chose after having lived in the Bay area for our "return to see history" visit.
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:26 PM   #8
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweybright View Post
Try the Alameda County Fairgrounds. -- snip --
Yes, that is Pleasanton. Good to hear it worked out for you. Pat

Edit add

http://www.ebparks.org/parks/anthony_chabot Never been there, might be nice to check - popular so booked ~$35
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:43 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Long Beach , California
There is a Facebook group called "Airstream Courtesy Parking" where folks post when they can host someone for a short period.

You'll need to search for it and request permission to join but something might pop up that you can use.
LBOskiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:21 PM   #10

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post

http://www.ebparks.org/parks/anthony_chabot Never been there, might be nice to check - popular so booked ~$35
Stay there several times, it is a very nice place. Nice sites, full hookups.

Matti
Mattirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:47 AM   #11
Jim

2016 30' International
Big Lake , Alaska
This forum does have a facility for members to list courtesy parking opportunities but I've often thought it would be useful to members to amp it up.

My profile lists spots both at our place in the Hill Country of Texas and our lake place in Alaska but I have never been contacted about either. My experience is that this resource is not well known and not easy to search. Perhaps the administrator can put some thought into how to make this a much better feature for all members. It might also be good to include the opportunity for members to list spots for longer term stays with a small fee based on the attractiveness of the area and facilities available.
akjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:04 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
2015 28' International
Little Rock , Arkansas
Join WBCCI and you’ll have a wealth of Airstream resources and opportunities available.
Razorhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #13

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by akjam View Post

My profile lists spots both at our place in the Hill Country of Texas
Is your Texas site in the path of totality for the April 8th 2025 eclipse? If so I would be very interested.

Matti
Old 01-25-2018, 11:26 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Courtesy parking is listed on WBCCI for members and on Facebook.
I thought courtesy parking was listed on Airforums as well.
I have water, sewer, and 50 amp electric in my front yard in a subdivision in Greenwood, MS.
I have had a couple from Illinois stay in my front yard twice.
By the next time I might even have a gravel pad there.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:52 AM   #15
Jim

2016 30' International
Big Lake , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattirs View Post
Is your Texas site in the path of totality for the April 8th 2025 eclipse? If so I would be very interested.

Matti
It will be a partial eclipse where we are but a total eclipse just west of Fredericksburg and Kerrville, not too far away. I doubt if we will own that property by that time, tho.
Jim
akjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:12 PM   #16

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by akjam View Post
It will be a partial eclipse where we are but a total eclipse just west of Fredericksburg and Kerrville, not too far away. I doubt if we will own that property by that time, tho.
Jim
Oh well, still have 7 more years to plan. Would have fun. Saw the last one in Oregon. It was worth it.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:50 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdanderson View Post
Its called Harvest Hosts. Its an App that will cost $40/year. Lists all member participants with directions , type of facility, capacity, contact information . Farms, winery's, orchards ect. Google it up.

Greg Anderson
Wisconsin
No, that's not it. The list I am referring to is in the WBCCI Blue Beret annual publication. It has a section in the back called Courtesy Parking, with names of folks who provide this service in each state.
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:11 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Greensboro , North Carolina
You might want to check out Boondockers Welcome https://www.boondockerswelcome.com/

It is only $30/yr and gives you contacts with people who let you park in their driveway or on their land. I have never used it, but know of others who have found it handy. Usually only short term and not many people are going to have full hook-ups. A fairground or city/county park might be a better bet. Good luck in your search!
NC Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 07:37 PM   #19
Retired

2008 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
Both Harvest Hosts and WBCCI courtesy parking is geared towards short one night stopovers, and most are dry camping. Some WBCCI members will let you stay longer, some offer electric, water and maybe, a sewer clean out close enough to use as a dump station. Some Harvest Hosts May offer a couple of nights, and maybe water and/or electric for a small fee. Neither are long term options, and if people try too often to go beyond those parameters, the courtesy may cease.
2008 Classic 30'
2019 F250 4x4
tvketchum is offline   Reply With Quote