Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
Heavily Armed

2005 30' Safari
Austin , Texas and Colorado...ish
Cool Picked up my new 30' bunkhouse, and returned... more or less triumphantly

The drive up was uneventful. I got lost in various ways and places, viewed many of our fine ghettos (by accident), and finally got to Nashville, where I discovered that my pickup required various things that it naturally did not have. Over the next three days, I came to know the Walmart security guy very well, as I waited for hitches, sway bars, etc. to be found and attached. The first night on the road (towing the new trailer, cautiously, behind), I discovered a very nice camp ground on the Miss. river, outside of Memphis. That night, as I gazed at the majesty of said river, a howling storm came through and ripped my vent covers clean off. Drenched with rain, I bravely got drunk. The next day, some very nice folks in Mayflower ( I think) Arkansas replaced the covers, and once more I was on track. After a harrowing trek through Dallas (where people clearly need a defensive driving course) I stopped off at a KOA in Wacko (i.e. Waco), rented reservoir dogs, and crashed. This morning I finally got home, groped the wife, sneered at neighbors, spanked various dogs, and now plan on taking a nap. All in all, I'd say it was a win.
Mirthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Dude! I want to party with you!!!!

Hope that your next camping adventure is much more sane.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
HAHAHAHAHAHAA! What a trip...I like your style!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirthless View Post
The drive up was uneventful. I got lost in various ways and places, viewed many of our fine ghettos (by accident), and finally got to Nashville, where I discovered that my pickup required various things that it naturally did not have. Over the next three days, I came to know the Walmart security guy very well, as I waited for hitches, sway bars, etc. to be found and attached. The first night on the road (towing the new trailer, cautiously, behind), I discovered a very nice camp ground on the Miss. river, outside of Memphis. That night, as I gazed at the majesty of said river, a howling storm came through and ripped my vent covers clean off. Drenched with rain, I bravely got drunk. The next day, some very nice folks in Mayflower ( I think) Arkansas replaced the covers, and once more I was on track. After a harrowing trek through Dallas (where people clearly need a defensive driving course) I stopped off at a KOA in Wacko (i.e. Waco), rented reservoir dogs, and crashed. This morning I finally got home, groped the wife, sneered at neighbors, spanked various dogs, and now plan on taking a nap. All in all, I'd say it was a win.
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Overland Park , Kansas
Welcome to the Bunk house family. We have had ours a year now and can't wait for the next one. Which floor plan did you end up with?
SweetStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Sounds like one of our "trips from hell". Next time, remember to take an extra roll of duct tape. And swim trunks, or at least an extra pair of boxers. A cabinet full of Bacardi wouldn't hurt, either.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:00 PM   #6

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
You are my hero. When faced with Airstream adversity, you bravely got drunk.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wellington , Nevada
Lets see some pics????

And I prefer Grey Goose and or Scotch and a stogie.

Dave
LAWFISH is offline   Reply With Quote