Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-03-2020, 01:00 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Currently Looking...
Seattle , WA
Pack n play/baby sleeping area for 25'

My wife and I welcomed our first child in October and we'd like to introduce her to camping this spring. I've seen some great sleeping arrangements for babies/toddlers on the forum, including pack n' plays on the couch/lounge (cushions removed) opposite the sink. However, we can't find a small enough playard for the space - if we only removed the single cushion and backrest (as we'd like to do), the remaining space is about 30"x33". Every playard we've seen is at least 40" long. We don't want to remove additional cushions because storage for them is challenging.

Has anyone found a small playard for this space? What model did you find? Or did you find a creative way to (temporarily, yet securely) extend the platform to hold a larger pack n play?Click image for larger version

Name:	20200126_194102.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	367100
Jfreeburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:35 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2020 25' Globetrotter
San diego , California
Ok. I currently have a almost four and a seven year old. We had so much of the kid stuff and it barely got used. Kids love the simple stuff. Beans in a plastic bottle was a favorite toy. In any case we had our 18 foot SOB. We left most stuff at home. Took a pack n play once. Kids slept between us when they where babies and on the dinette/bed when toddlers. A backpack to take the kid on hikes, a play fence and blanket or mat for outside. It’s not like you can leave the kid in the camper much or you got things to do. Humans used to not have stuff and lived outside so don’t worry.

I wish I had my 25 footer back when my kids where littler. They grow fast quick and all that unnecessary baby junk will be gone and that kid won’t stop talking and playing with the screen door. My kids and others love opening and slamming the screen door and the sliding thing. It’s literally the funnest thing for them To do while camping. Drives me insane.

Ps my kid fell of the bed a bunch and is mostly fine. Kinda annoying but fine.
JunkYard is offline   Reply With Quote