Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2017, 05:08 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Winter park , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseav View Post
Here is a link you will find useful. In summary, it's easy and no bond required but you do have to jump through a couple hoops. Please don't take advice from the lady at the DMV...

http://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-impor...rsonal-vehicle

Thanks
cyclistream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:59 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Southwestern Ontario , Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to TRIPPPIN Send a message via Yahoo to TRIPPPIN
If you buy it in Ontario Canada and do not import it to the United States you will have to pay tax 13%. I understand if you register it in Ontario at your Canadian address you cannot get that tax back. Importing a former US vehicle to the US is not that difficult - I did it hundreds of times in my former career. A customs broker will handle it for you for a few hundred bucks or you can do it yourself if it is for personal use and you can avoid the 13% Canadian tax that way. If you are buying it from Canam in London I am sure they can guide you on this.
TRIPPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:27 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Winter park , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPPPIN View Post
If you buy it in Ontario Canada and do not import it to the United States you will have to pay tax 13%. I understand if you register it in Ontario at your Canadian address you cannot get that tax back. Importing a former US vehicle to the US is not that difficult - I did it hundreds of times in my former career. A customs broker will handle it for you for a few hundred bucks or you can do it yourself if it is for personal use and you can avoid the 13% Canadian tax that way. If you are buying it from Canam in London I am sure they can guide you on this.

Actually Canam service the Airstream and it's getting it ready for the long miles for us but we didn't buy it from Canam it's registered there in Canada [emoji1063].
Old 05-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

Winter park , Florida
An update on this topic I thank everyone and at the same time my apologies because I haven't let you know the results of my wife driving our Airstream from Canada to the United States, it was really easy all they asked was about our belongings inside all the normal questions but that was it ,
The funny thing was, we had all the insurance, purchase papers truck papers anything they could need and they didn't even bother to ask for them [emoji3] thanks God everything was smooth and quick. Thank you all again for your response now we have it parked on our house ready for the next adventure