Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-02-2003, 05:45 PM   #1
saxonsraven

New York is a little light

I have also started to realize that here in New York there is very little movement in the AS fraternity. Hardly any AS are for sale (is this because nobody wants to sell them) or that NYers do not like Airstreams? One of the reasons for wanting an AS is to move across this great land before I go below it and settle elsewhere when I retire. I will move to the West (where AS's seem to thrive) but I will never get enough of the sights. Can someone turn the switch on in NY?
Old 03-02-2003, 07:29 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Yorker

You are right Sax

I'm up here in Delaware County and AS are scarce. You may see a couple come through in summer. I am also looking for a unit. I'm a motorhomer but always admired these beauties and have the "willies" to doll one up. i have the chance to look at a couple Safari's 1965 & 1969. This has been a tough winter and my disability restricts. I'll resume the hunt in spring.

Steve.......Country Coach Max
Honda CRV toad
Airstream--soon
want310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 09:31 PM   #3
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
It may be a bit of a drive for you but the International this year is in Vermont. There will be a dealer there as well as a bulletin board full of units for sale. At the sarasote rally there were 3 dozen or so for sale. We had less than 600 rigs in attendence. At this time there are over 2300 units registered for Vermont.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:38 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1995 25' Excella
Blandford , Massachusetts
NY Airstreams

There are two very active WBCCI units in eastern NY, the Hudson-Mohawk and the Berkshire. There is also an Airstream dealer in Patterson, N.Y., just off Route 22-"Holiday on Wheels". May be other dealers and units in other parts of NY.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:55 PM   #5
saxonsraven

Thanks

Thank you for the information on the rally, I might try for that if the dates are right.
Tom I just might drop by.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:48 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Hughsonville , New York
I know the last post in this thread is coming up on 4-years old, but I thought I'd ask in this thread anyway, are there any Berkshire members online here? I just joined the Berkshire unit this month and haven't been to a meeting yet, but was wondering if any unit members are online here since I couldn't find a unit webpage?
Old 12-22-2006, 08:58 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic67
I know the last post in this thread is coming up on 4-years old, but I thought I'd ask in this thread anyway, are there any Berkshire members online here? I just joined the Berkshire unit this month and haven't been to a meeting yet, but was wondering if any unit members are online here since I couldn't find a unit webpage?
I may be wrong about this but I believe the Berkshire Unit is small - and I don't recall seeing any of it's members here on the forums.

Anyone out there to prove me wrong?

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:03 AM   #8
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
One reason is there is not one AS dealer in the state.

I know one of the older members on LI is selling his 31'

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:19 AM   #9
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
If you are in the metro NY, NY area, you wouldn't be far from Lakewood, NJ. There is a very large (seemingly so) Airstream Dealer by the name of Colonial Airstream that is a vendor member of this forum that seems to have a large inventory. They seem to have good prices, too. Haven't heard anything bad about them on the forums.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:00 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Hughsonville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
If you are in the metro NY, NY area, you wouldn't be far from Lakewood, NJ. There is a very large (seemingly so) Airstream Dealer by the name of Colonial Airstream that is a vendor member of this forum that seems to have a large inventory. They seem to have good prices, too. Haven't heard anything bad about them on the forums.
Thanks Lipets & Minnie. Not really looking for a dealer. Though I did find where the last Airstream dealer was on Re. 22 in Patterson, NY not too far from me, but no longer an official AS dealer.. The next closest is RV Legends in Waterbury where I purchased my Classic '31. I'm suprised Airstream isn't part of one of the many RV centers in NY. But maybe it's a contractual thing?

I see alot of Airtreams parked around my town and surrounding towns here in Dutchess County. When I attend the next meeting of the Berkshire unit, hopefully I learn more about who and where the members are from. Just wondering if any were here.

As a side note, I now keep my camera with me since I see so many Aistreams traveling along I-84 on any given day. Something for the "sightings" thread.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:41 AM   #11
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Hi Dennis.The Berkshire New York Unit had roughly 15 members as of the printing of the 2006 WBCCI Directory.
I do know a couple of active members of that unit but they don't seem to post here.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:35 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Doesn't matter what unit you are in

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer23
Hi Dennis.The Berkshire New York Unit had roughly 15 members as of the printing of the 2006 WBCCI Directory.
I do know a couple of active members of that unit but they don't seem to post here.
Good news is even if your local unit is small and not real active WBCCI members can attend any Unit's events. The New England Unit isn't too far away from you and has tons of events planned for 2007 - see our website: WBCCI New England Unit Airstream Club. We'd love to see you folks at one of our rallies or on one of our caravans.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:03 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
Santa Cruz , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonsraven
I have also started to realize that here in New York there is very little movement in the AS fraternity...

Can someone turn the switch on in NY?
If you think " New York is a little light " , check out North Dakota on the Members Map. Airstream Forums - Googlemap

1964 17' Bambi II
2005 Dodge 2500 PowerWagon -5.7 Hemi
WBCCI #4207
AIR #11485

"you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" ~bob dylan
S C Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote