Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2003, 11:01 AM   #1
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
New VAC club in South East area

Would like to start a new chapter of the Vintage Airstream Club, (VAC).

Myself and a few others that are located in South Carolina would like to see if there are others in the south east area that would be interested.

I am thinking an area to include GA, SC, NC, and TN. There may be a VAC in this area already, but I do not know of one in SC.

Of course members would have to meet the requirements of the WBCCI Vintage club. I believe that your Airstream/Argosy would have to be at least 25 years old.

You can check the requirementas at the VAC website.

Please post your interest and you can always PM me.

If you know Vintage AS owners, that are not involved in the WBCCI but live in the South East, please let them know about a possible new VAC chapter.

Lets get together and create a new Chapter of the VAC.

Smily
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 04:24 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Keep us posted on the VAC club developments in the Southeast. We belong to WBCCI and VAC and would be interested in the club you mentioned.
Dan in Tennessee
Dbraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 05:00 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

We are in NW Florida and have been trying to spark VAC interest here. I have a VAC rally scheduled at Mystic Springs Airstream Park near Pensacola FL in April. See http://www.geocities.com/mystic-springs/vintage

for details on the rally. It will be part of the local WBCCI club's monthly rally. Maybe this rally could help spark interest in a Southeast VAC organization
bjond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 07:53 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
Sounds interesting Ken....Suppose you could slide AL into the list of states?
Randy
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 05:33 AM   #5
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
Alabama and NW FLA

Randy,
You know I would like to have you at hand!!!!!

And I am from Pensacola FLA, "Sigh", Home........

I was trying to establish a chapter inside of say 300 miles or so.

I have only been home (Pensacola) a handful of times due to the 600 mile stretch. I am not certain of pulling an AS that far.

I have seriously considered The Mystic Springs Rally in April but it will be a tough decision for me and my family.

I will keep it in mind and bounce it off of other local prospects.

I would like to get as many VAC folks as I can so dont lose hope.

Ken
Old 01-13-2003, 05:34 AM   #6
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
Need members

We need 15 Unit/members. I know that there have got to be at least that many Vintage AS in the southeast.

COme on folks, Pony Up!

Smily
Old 01-13-2003, 07:47 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Talking

Count me in. I am in Charlotte and would love to see something close..Keep us advised as to what and when...maybe where too
Old 01-14-2003, 07:02 AM   #8
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
Hello Charlotte

Glad to see you on board.

I am getting some response now to the interest of the Southeast VAC on line and off.

So stay tuned and keep an eye to this thread.

Please help me get the word out to fellow Airstreamers and hopefully we can get this thing off the ground before summer.

Hopefully we can organize a Rally somewhere central and gain the attention of others.

Start thinking of a location for our first rally.

Smily
Old 01-14-2003, 07:06 AM   #9
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
Addresses

Folks that are interested should private message me witth your mailing address, phone number and alternate E-mail address.

I will compile a list of prospects and when I get to fifteen prospects I will contact the VAC and initiate formal organization.

Smily
Old 01-14-2003, 05:15 PM   #10
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
Rivet five and counting

Wow! five in a matter of days.

Just ten more and we can get this thing off of the ground.

Lets go folks!!!!!!

I can see us all sitting around the campfire and speculating what stories our 25 year plus trailers could tell.

How about a Cyclo party? (Polish party)

Dont want to run anyone off........ just dreaming.

I have a good feeling about this so I will initiate correspondance with the VAC and get the ball rolling.

Smily
Old 01-15-2003, 04:09 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

pinopolis , South Carolina
Smily

You know I will be there. I also know another couple in Ga. that will join. All we need know 8.
Old 01-16-2003, 06:30 AM   #12
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
VAC contact

Well, after my initial contact with the VAC, it seems that there is no "local" unit or chapter of the VAC anywhere.

This is a direct result of the fact that the VAC is a Intra club of the WBCCI. The WBCCI does not tolerate any discrimination of Airstream models. (vintage or non vintage). Being a member of the WBCCI, I respect this by-law.

The VAC Membership Chairman recommended that we create a new WBCCI Local Unit within the Region with a crowd of vintage owners. Keeping in mind that we would have to accept any unit owner that was interested in joing the WBCCI Unit.

I personally am happy with being a member of the Local unit, (SCCU) and attending their rallies. I never had any intention of seperating from them. I was looking to become a member of a second unit that was vintage only.

So...... It seems that we may have to undertake this on our own to create a Vintage club outside of the WBCCI.

Are you folks still interested in organizing a Vintage Airstream Owners Club? Would you like to get together on an organized basis?

I would be happy to provide the effort to get the club off of the ground but I would like to be confidant that other folks would follow.

I am not asking anyone to leave the WBCCI. I am asking if Vintage airstream owners in the South East are interested in participating in "Vintage Only" get togethers and events.

Very respectfully,
Old 03-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
guyton , Georgia
sounds good to me should have mine done by the end of april
r.swanson is offline   Reply With Quote