Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-14-2014, 11:21 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antique Pedaler View Post
Is Ardell Brown, Now Camping World, in Draper still an Airstream Dealer. That was, is?, a good dealership.

They did some warranty work for me 5 years ago. They were fine, no complaints. But when I was waiting for them to finish I walked around the lot looking at the 4 or 5 AS the had on the lot. A salesman came up to me and said that I should look at the other brands because they were a much better deal. 2 years ago I went to the RV show and stopped by the Ardell Brown exhibit where they had several models but no AS. I asked why and the salesman said no one wanted to buy an AS. I replied that there was no wonder with salesmen like him. I don't think Ardell Brown is really interested in selling AS. I don't think they have any AS on their lot. You can special order them, and they will service them, but they are dead to me now, to quote Michael Corleone. Intermountain seems to be the place to go now.
FlashSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:54 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Just noticed online that Lazydays in Tucson, AZ is now an Airstream dealer. Did anyone have any work done while at Alumafiesta? How is their service department?

Also, anyone know if Oasis is still working on Airstreams?

Note: Sorry; don't mean to hijack this thread. Seems like main topic is "new Airstream dealers"; is that right? Will create an new thread, if necessary.
This relates to dealers in general perhaps.

Last year we asked Lazydays to install a new ProPride hitch for us. They had not installed one nor a Hensley. I asked to talk to the mechanic who would install it but they wouldn't let me, nor was I allowed in the work area. Maybe they could do it in a week or so if I dropped the trailer off.

I said no thanks and drove over to former Airstream dealer Oasis, rundown place but years of Airstream experience. Richard the mechanic said bring it in the morning and he can do it. He had done many Hensleys but not ProPride, we took a look at the install video together. He welcomed us to take a look while installing, and showed us the adjustments.

I like the old-school service.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #23
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrodite View Post
Hi Gene
We're in Roaring Fork valley and just started to store our AS in Grand Junction. Do you have an RV repair recommendation in GC?
Sorry I haven't gotten to this for a while, but life intervenes.

I haven't had anything fixed in GJ, but a friend says Centennial (US 50 bypass west of town and east of the first I-70 exit coming from the west) is good. They are open Tuesday through Saturday. We have bought parts at Bob Scott (kind of hard to find off the US 50 bypass) because you can sometimes get a few bucks off on some items. I don't know anything about their repair facilities.

Gene

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Denver , Colorado
Thanks Gene! Good info on GS…and I absolutely understand the "life intervenes" thing. Yikes!

Colorado Mountains
International Sterling 27FB
2015 GMC Denali 2500 Duramax & Allison
aphrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1963 19' Globetrotter
Seattle , Washington
Sort of reviving an old thread here but the new Airstream Dealership in SLC "Intermountain Airstream" is owned and operated by a very knowledgeable guy named Dimitri.
He owns "Airstream Supply" which has been a parts supplier and Airstream restoration company.
Dimitri purchased the dealership in SLC and moved everything down there 2 yrs ago.
I got to know Dimitri from buying parts for the 5-6 vintage Airstreams I have owned over the past 10 years. He was always very fair and gave me deals on many parts. He really knows the ins & outs of not only the oldest vintage models but the new models as well. He has very skilled metal workers who create all sorts of no longer available aluminum pieces/etc.
I'm a photographer and wound up photographing many of Dimitri's Airstream collection prior to him leaving for SLC including the Howard Hughes trailer.

If anyone on this forum needs advice on new or vintage Airstreams or hard to find parts I would strongly recommend Intermountain Airstream and Airstream Supply!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1400553_10201177403301224_2074644437_o.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	277340   Click image for larger version

Name:	1401602_10201176665642783_391255183_o.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	277341  

Old 09-22-2017, 08:23 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Glendale , California
We had a tail light cover shattered on our summer vacation. Stopped at Airstream Utah and they were very helpful and friendly. Turns out, nothing is ever simple with an Airstream, as that cover is part of an entire unit that had to be replaced. An hour later, we were on the road again, all patched up. My only other comment is that if you’re from out of town, navigating the interstate off ramps to get to the dealership is quite an adventure.
MomcatA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:03 PM   #27
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovzilla View Post
Sort of reviving an old thread here but the new Airstream Dealership in SLC "Intermountain Airstream" is owned and operated by a very knowledgeable guy named Dimitri.
He owns "Airstream Supply" which has been a parts supplier and Airstream restoration company.
Dimitri purchased the dealership in SLC and moved everything down there 2 yrs ago.
Airstream repossessed whatever inventory Dimitri had, cut off his floor plan, and fired him as a franchisee. His reputation was horrendous. I met one buyer at my storage place who ordered a new FC in 2015, and never heard about it's build/delivery progress. Turns out he took their deposit but then never ordered the trailer. Fortunately Airstream corporate intervened (months and months after the initial order) and found them a replacement elsewhere, and they did get their money back from him, but they said it was like dealing with the mafia.

The franchise and location was taken over by a new owner with years of RV experience, earlier this year. Dennis has a great inventory and an experienced repair staff.

It's a whole different deal, Dimitri still has his online parts business I am told. Very knowledgeable I'm told, but he was a disaster as a new-sales dealer.
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:05 PM   #28
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomcatA View Post
We had a tail light cover shattered on our summer vacation. Stopped at Airstream Utah and they were very helpful and friendly. Turns out, nothing is ever simple with an Airstream, as that cover is part of an entire unit that had to be replaced. An hour later, we were on the road again, all patched up. My only other comment is that if you’re from out of town, navigating the interstate off ramps to get to the dealership is quite an adventure.
Are you saying that one of the oval red tailight covers broke, and the entire ($400 each) tailight assemble needed to be replaced? I *thought* that the lenses could be snapped out and replaced?
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 06:31 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Glendale , California
New Dealer in Utah

Name:   IMG_2107.JPG
Views: 179
Size:  86.5 KB

We had thought the replacement would be just the red lens, but it is actually a “plug in” consisting of the lens + LED circuit board. It costs about $50. If you know how to install, it’s very easy. We didn’t, so with labor added it came to about $100. We were happy that stone (or whatever) had good aim and didn’t hit aluminum
MomcatA is offline   Reply With Quote